By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I got in a foot chase with some shoplifters

Aren't you a WM manager? When I worked there and ran electronics you'd get in a fuckton of trouble for chasing shoplifters.

I'm saddened to hear they got away though. But they'll come back, they always do.

Around the Network

On the list of criminals I would chase, shoplifters really aren't one of them. But nice try.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This reminds me of the kevin james chase scenes in any random movie

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Good on you for trying to do the right thing. But here's the thing, most employers and managers would not give a damn and would not put themselves in a situation of risk for the theft of some minor stolen goods.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

I must say tho I did enjoy the action scenes as depicted in this post. You must be very fit and athletic yourself.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network

Hi spurgeonryan. I haven't even read the post yet. Just wanted to say hi.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It feels like nice still being able to guess a spurge thread from hot topics without clicking on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

3sexty said:
Good on you for trying to do the right thing. But here's the thing, most employers and managers would not give a damn and would not put themselves in a situation of risk for the theft of some minor stolen goods.

Most employers will expressly tell you not to chase shoplifters, not to follow them out of the store, and not to accuse them of theft.  Doing so can very well result in being written up or even fired.  Some places only train and authorize Loss Prevention associates and Assistant/Head Managers, though others probably send Department Managers and such to training courses, as well.  If nothing actually goes wrong or there is no real publicity generated then getting away with it likely comes down to how local management feels about it.  

Weren't you the person getting into an argument with their trash or recycling collector?

I'd leave pursuing criminals to paid professionals or superheroes.

[edit: please post security footage of your parkour for further enjoyment...]

Last edited by Mospeada21CA - on 02 November 2018

i dont think i would had chase them. the only time i had chase a shoplifter, i just had to run 3 meters because the genius had the idea to take an ipod an run as fast as he can outside. but he choose the wrong door, and try to ran through the entrance door. Which do not have a sensor to open it automatically from the inside, only from the outside.

So he litterally knock himself out on the door. easiest thieft catch ever...