Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY3/2019 2nd quarter meeting (Minecraft bundle announced, Octopath 1 million+ sold, Mario Party 1.5M+ sold)

Mar1217 said:

Ok, I probably won't input all of my thoughts about this much info to be honest.

- Octopath selling this well (3 weeks like listed previously) is incredible. A bit sad we can't get more accurate numbers (we'll need SE !). This also means VGC obviously undertracked this game sales number.

- Mario Tennis Aces is doing crazy, I mean ace gameplay (plz, don't kill me) certainly help in that department :D Now, I'm actually inclined to say they might go visit another popular Mario sport franchise ... :3

- SMP is already doing crazy well for it's respective series !

Also  " Le plat de résistance " :

-Nintendo not dropping prices on their main games

HA ! Better keep that high value to not devaluate their IP's worth than selling it for cheap in the bargain :P

Most games follow the natural devaluation of the game in the secondhand market. But even used, ninty's titles rarely drop price fast.

Around the Network

And now we know why Square Enix went all in with Final Fantasy on Switch. Cause if Octopath can sell that much, then definitely Final Fantasy can do the same.

Mar1217 said:

- Mario Tennis Aces is doing crazy, I mean ace gameplay (plz, don't kill me) certainly help in that department :D Now, I'm actually inclined to say they might go visit another popular Mario sport franchise ... :3

No doubt in my mind that Camelot is already working hard on Mario Golf for a 2020 release.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

KLAMarine said:
"Nes Mini and all versions 10 millions sold"

All versions of NES Mini? There were different versions?

Where do you see this?

All I can find is: "Combined global sales of the NES Classic Edition and the Super NES Classic Edition have now surpassed 10 million units." (page 16)

Replicant said:
KLAMarine said:
"Nes Mini and all versions 10 millions sold"

All versions of NES Mini? There were different versions?

Where do you see this?

All I can find is: "Combined global sales of the NES Classic Edition and the Super NES Classic Edition have now surpassed 10 million units." (page 16)

The original post contains a few mistakes and instances of awkward wording. Beyond the Mini consoles comment, these are:

- Switch Bundle ratio breakdown for September: 60% Odyssey, 50-60% MK8D, 40-50% Zelda: BotW 

That image was not about bundles, but attach rates of games in the regions Japan, USA and Europe combined. For example, ~60% of Switch owners in those regions own Super Mario Odyssey.

- digital sales are seeing record growth, with packaged games being 60% of digital sales

For clarification, said image was measuring in revenue, not unit sales.

- Octopath Traveler sold 1m digitally within first 3 weeks (EDIT: The investor mentioned digitally, but the slide on Nintendo's website said "sell-through").

Octopath Traveler shipped 1m units in the first three weeks. Since then both shipments and sell-through increased, so by now (October 30th) sell-through of the title has eclipsed 1m, according to Square-Enix. No ratio breakdown of physical to digital sales was given.

- Switch has over 500 companies developing 1,300 titles for the platform (traditional and indie) 

Switch has already over 1,300 titles from over 500 companies available, so this snippet isn't about games in development.

- Super Mario Party has sold Oct 1.5m globally and has boosted Joy-Con sales

This snippet refers to sell-through, not shipments for the whole of October.

-More than half of people who bought the online service choosed the 12-month plan.

For clarification, the 12-month-plan in this snippet can be either individual or family membership.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Replicant said:

Where do you see this?

The original post contains a few mistakes and instances of awkward wording. Beyond the Mini consoles comment, these are:

- Switch Bundle ratio breakdown for September: 60% Odyssey, 50-60% MK8D, 40-50% Zelda: BotW 

That image was not about bundles, but attach rates of games in the regions Japan, USA and Europe combined. For example, ~60% of Switch owners in those regions own Super Mario Odyssey.

- digital sales are seeing record growth, with packaged games being 60% of digital sales

For clarification, said image was measuring in revenue, not unit sales.

- Octopath Traveler sold 1m digitally within first 3 weeks (EDIT: The investor mentioned digitally, but the slide on Nintendo's website said "sell-through").

Octopath Traveler shipped 1m units in the first three weeks. Since then both shipments and sell-through increased, so by now (October 30th) sell-through of the title has eclipsed 1m, according to Square-Enix. No ratio breakdown of physical to digital sales was given.

- Switch has over 500 companies developing 1,300 titles for the platform (traditional and indie) 

Switch has already over 1,300 titles from over 500 companies available, so this snippet isn't about games in development.

- Super Mario Party has sold Oct 1.5m globally and has boosted Joy-Con sales

This snippet refers to sell-through, not shipments for the whole of October.

-More than half of people who bought the online service choosed the 12-month plan.

For clarification, the 12-month-plan in this snippet can be either individual or family membership.

For that I have to apologize, since I was mainly reposting what the investor was posting and he did put a few stuff missing information on the rush of the moment. I tried to correct a few snippets from the thread, like that of the NES Mini to include Snes Mini too and a few comments from the mobile apps and online membership, but I still haven't got the time to check it all. I still find confusing a few of the stuff he posted from the Q&A and that is why I am waiting for the full official translation of that section. I do recomend everyone to check the slides to double check the stuff from the thread.

That Minecraft bundle us interesting. That's a MS/Ninty deal there. I also found it interesting that they did some point marketing this year, calling out Sony in the fortnite debacle. A couple years ago, I figured MS would buy Ninty. But, with their current success, that seems unlikely right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them work together more in the future though.