By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has passed out Xbox 360

Kerotan said:
only777 said:
Impressive stuff. What's the general feeling in regards to the PS4 passing the 100m mark? Is January to accepted month or later?

Next summer 

I agree with this. 

Now for the moment of truth: Will The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding release in 2019? And what will the fate of Ghost be? 2020 release with a port to PS5 later that year?

Only time will tell. But I think we could potentially see amazing sales for 2019 if the three big games launch that year. 

Around the Network

In this short time against so many Xbox360-years ? Gratulation!

only777 said:
Impressive stuff. What's the general feeling in regards to the PS4 passing the 100m mark? Is January to accepted month or later?

The new increased forecast puts PS4 shipments at 96.5m as of March 31st 2019. So as Kerotan said, Summer 2019 to pass the 100m mark.

Strong total and still strong weekly sales, at this point it's quite sure we won't see PS5 before 2020, but if competitors won't launch early, Sony could even wait until 2021 (actually I'd expect Sony to launch PS5 home version in 2020 and PS5 hybrid in 2021).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Well, it was expected for a long time, but congrats and horay.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This is impressive for Sony. But, I'd like to wrap my head around exactly where we are this gen for all consoles, relative to last gen all consoles. That would be more interesting information, IMO. The problem with that is that Nintendo blurs the lines between generations. So, where do you put the Wii U and Switch?

If we count the Wii in last gen (which is the only reasonable place to put it), that generation dwarfs sales of the current gen, even if we include both Wii U and Switch.

VAMatt said:
This is impressive for Sony. But, I'd like to wrap my head around exactly where we are this gen for all consoles, relative to last gen all consoles. That would be more interesting information, IMO. The problem with that is that Nintendo blurs the lines between generations. So, where do you put the Wii U and Switch?

If we count the Wii in last gen (which is the only reasonable place to put it), that generation dwarfs sales of the current gen, even if we include both Wii U and Switch.

Wii is part of the PS3/360 gen, as is the Wii U.  I think everyone is pretty much treating the Wii U like the PS4/PS4 Pro situation now.  An upgrade within the same gen.

Sure the Wii U was really a whole new system and not just an upgrade.  But in terms of impact, it's not even Xbox One X.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

VAMatt said:

There is no room for diskussion because Switch clearly is a handheld device.

Barkley said:
only777 said:

The new increased forecast puts PS4 shipments at 96.5m as of March 31st 2019. So as Kerotan said, Summer 2019 to pass the 100m mark.

Doesn’t this mean the PS4 also has a chance of being the fastest console to hit 100m sold/shipped? I believe the  PS2 did it in 5 years and 9 months and kept going till it hit 157m which is absolutely crazy! 

ZS said:
Barkley said:

Doesn’t this mean the PS4 also has a chance of being the fastest console to hit 100m sold/shipped? I believe the  PS2 did it in 5 years and 9 months and kept going till it hit 157m which is absolutely crazy! 

The most impressive thing here is....there has yet to be a price cut.