Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How a Wii Music-like game could be done right on Switch

JEMC said:
Two things:

1) You can already build and play musical instruments (piano, guitar) on the Switch with Nintendo Labo.

2) Who the f*ck wants another Wii Music?!

*Hides quietly in the corner in sadness*

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Or you buy Taiko Taiko and become the best drummer like no one ever was.

Endorsed by Gaijin Goomba, so it has to be good! ^^

Wyrdness said:
Wii music didn't have dismal sales mate it sold 3.2m.

Nintendo considers it a disappointment, it's the least successful game in the series, and Nintendo was quick to forget about it it by 2009. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
Wyrdness said:

Nintendo considers it a disappointment, it's the least successful game in the series, and Nintendo was quick to forget about it it by 2009. 

For obvious reasons.

TheMisterManGuy said:
Wyrdness said:

It's a disappointment in comparison to other Wii series games which sold 20m that doesn't equate to dismal sales though because 3.2m is still more than the majority of games out there sell and that includes several first party series not to mention Wii Music was likely cheap to develop, Nintendo were quick to forget a number of titles going into 2009 they had other plans as 2010 was when they began drawing up the concept for Wii U.

Around the Network
bluemlittlem said:
JEMC said:
Two things:

1) You can already build and play musical instruments (piano, guitar) on the Switch with Nintendo Labo.

2) Who the f*ck wants another Wii Music?!

*Hides quietly in the corner in sadness*

*Casts a spotlight on you*

Shame!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wyrdness said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

It's a disappointment in comparison to other Wii series games which sold 20m that doesn't equate to dismal sales though because 3.2m is still more than the majority of games out there sell and that includes several first party series not to mention Wii Music was likely cheap to develop, Nintendo were quick to forget a number of titles going into 2009 they had other plans as 2010 was when they began drawing up the concept for Wii U.

My point is that Nintendo doesn't regard Wii Music the way they do the other Wii series titles. People still look back fondly on games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and Nintendo still promotes them as an important piece of their history. Meanwhile, Nintendo does its best to pretend Wii Music never happened. 

Just do music with Labo 

Just look at this slayage

TheMisterManGuy said:
Wyrdness said:

My point is that Nintendo doesn't regard Wii Music the way they do the other Wii series titles. People still look back fondly on games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and Nintendo still promotes them as an important piece of their history. Meanwhile, Nintendo does its best to pretend Wii Music never happened. 

They don't acknowledge Wiiplay either and that sold 20m fact is it's not down to sales but more hindsight music was handled poorly and became the scapegoat for a bad E3 the same way Kinect did for MS in their 2 year bad run (Kinect even became the best seller for 360). Outside of Sports and Fit every other game from anyone geared towards catering to the wider market has a mixed response regardless of sales this is seen with Labo this is why you don't see much focus on any of them.

I kind of like the idea about staying on beat, alrhough i am not sure there is a truly good way to compromose between freedom and grading.

The tracklist I 100% agree about, and why is the opening non-optional tutorial twinkle twinkle little star? Maybe before the tutorial it should be, "how old are you?"

I liked thr music videos with their album covers, and I thought the look and feel of the game was just fine for 2009.

Overall I thought Wii Music was an interesting experiment and I probably got my money worth, but I see no need for another try. I would rather have a Mario Paint with a more powerful music composer.