By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Imagine Sony Santa Monica second team got TLOTR license

I find the idea that Sony gets the LotR license awful. All I want from the LotR license is a new RTS, you know something with the quality of Battle for Middle-Earth and I'm sure as hell that sony won't make an RTS.

Around the Network

Lord of the Rings doesn't work as a videogame outside of what's already been done with the PS2 games and the LEGO games. Lord of the Rings Online covers anything else.

SSM's next game outside of God of War will be Sci-Fi based.

MrWayne said:

I find the idea that Sony gets the LotR license awful. All I want from the LotR license is a new RTS, you know something with the quality of Battle for Middle-Earth and I'm sure as hell that sony won't make an RTS.

I don't mean Sony getting the entire license. Just the rights to develop the trilogy movies. All those other games made by other devs like WB can still be made in my scenario. 

Nah, I'd rather it not remain locked to just Sony.

I'd rather a new take on Battle for Middle Earth instead.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That's interesting :) Santa Monica works hard and with loving details, working with Sony would be best for the fans. A good example is Spiderman, exactly. It fills the fans' dreams and even excites people like me who dislike the spiderman movies.

And Sony would again have incredibly high development costs to fascinate the players in the world. That's the reason for the (Sony/Naughty Dog/Rockstar Games-) high quality. Santa Monica has delivered one of the best and most impressive games of all time - with God of War. Let's see whats the next game is. Another new ip would awesome for me personally.