By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Debate on Saudi Arabian Prince Mohammed Bin Salman

How much is freedom of speech worth to the US government? Apparently, 110 billion into the pockets of the military industrial complex is somewhere above that bar for them.

Not to mention the illegal cluster bombing of children in Yemen included in that price.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Threats against the US by Saudi Arabian Ruler

It seems that MBS did not enjoy when Trump suggested there would be punishment if any action was taken over the assassination.

From Bloomberg:

(Bloomberg) — Saudi Arabia will retaliate against any punitive measures with an even “stronger” response, the official news agency reported, in an apparent reaction to U.S. President Donald Trump’s threats to take action over the disappearance of a prominent government critic.

“The kingdom rejects any threats,” the Saudi Press Agency reported, citing an official it didn’t identify.

Saudi Arabian equities slumped as much as 7 percent Sunday on concern over possible U.S. measures.

In an excerpt from an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes,” Trump added pressure on the kingdom, vowing “severe punishment” should the kingdom’s leaders be linked to the disappearance of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

“The kingdom emphasizes that it will respond to any measure against it with an even stronger measure,” the official said.

terabaap said:
morenoingrato said:
I don't see how people could remotely defend MBS.
There's the arbitrary arrests in Saudi Arabia, the bloody and brutal war crimes and Yemen and desire for control of the Middle East.

I was disgusted when he did a celebrity tour around the United States and celebrities and educated tech leaders treated him like the second coming of Christ.
Now the world is opening its eyes to who MBS truly is.

West worships money. They’ll treat anyone who’s rich as the second coming of Christ. These new developments won’t change anything.

The whole world worships money not just the west. 

The Saudi royal family have largely been a bunch of barbarians, MBS is no different.

This is what happens to journalists that don't follow the government narrative in dictatorships. While in westers democracies, such jornalists get banned from all mainstream media platforms, whish is bad, but not as bad as in the 1st case.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
The Saudi royal family have largely been a bunch of barbarians, MBS is no different.

There's a gigantic difference between Bin Salman and past leaders. MBS is speeding the country toward economic ruin like no other before him, assassinating political adversaries, and attacking nations for even the slightest amount of criticism.

Still don't know why USA is helping these fuckers of Saudi Arabia to destroy and bomb civilians in Yemen.

CuCabeludo said:
Still don't know why USA is helping these fuckers of Saudi Arabia to destroy and bomb civilians in Yemen.

This should sum up american feelings about Yemen and the like:

WWE is having the Crown Jewel Event in Saudi Arabia.
While the company is putting out the line that this is positive for exposing Saudi Arabia to American culture, what they don't say is that women are actually banned from the event, including replays on the big stadium screen known as the Titantron. Basically, the WWE is not bringing anything new to Saudi Arabia except showing that Bin Salman is capable of buying their services. This is their second show in the country, their first one, earlier this year, involved propaganda where John Cena praised the government, and another where they got two Iranian wrestlers (the Daivari brothers) to make anti-Saudi slurs and then have Saudi wrestlers beat them up - while this is generally alright when it is say England vs. Ireland, with Saudi Arabia vs. Iran it ended up with death threats against the Iranians. Canadian wrestler Sami Zayn was banned from the first event due to giving aid to Syrian refugees; after the diplomatic incident when Canada criticized Saudi Arabia for imprisoning protesters, it seems that no Canadian wrestlers at all are on the upcoming Crown Jewel card - although it should be noted that Brock Lesnar is a Canadian Resident, but not a citizen.
WWE stocks have dropped from Nearly 97 USD earlier in the month down to 69 USD, and this negative press the company has received is a major part, the latest 6 USD drop came immediately following WWE's announcement that the show is definitely going through in Saudi Arabia. Many fans have been writing about cancelling their WWE network subscriptions (the WWE network has been exceedingly successful, hitting above 2 million subscribers earlier this year).

Saudi Arabia, one of the big hypocrisies of the western Governments along with Israel, these two countries highlight how our mob have one rule for one group and different rules for others.