Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Luigi's Mansion a Horror Game?

Is Luigi's Mansion a horror game?

MARR-RI-OOO!!!!! (Yes) 6 24.00%

Ha ha!! (No) 19 76.00%

Total:25

Yes, yes, I know it's meant for children, but it still has the nearly constant sense of dread, abundance of scares, ever present ghosts and spooky locales you'd get in a horror game.

Sure games like Pac-Man have ghosts throughout their entire run, but the levels are so happy and colorful that there are no real scares or creepy atmosphere around, and Ghouls N Ghosts is more of a dark fantasy experience.

So, is Luigi's Mansion a horror game? Did I miss anything that'd disqualify it from the genre?

Around the Network

Adventure/Puzzle game pretty much with a spooky/horror theme to it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

lol what? no...

Mar1217 said:
Adventure/Puzzle game pretty much with a spooky/horror theme to it.

^ I like this answear. 

Adventure/puzzle with spooky theme, ment to be kid friendly.
This is not a horror game.

Not really it's more a puzzle/adventure game, I wouldn't say you feel dread and such when playing it.

Wyrdness said:
Not really it's more a puzzle/adventure game, I wouldn't say you feel dread and such when playing it.

You probably would've as a kid playing it.

Around the Network

It's more funny than scary, so no.
As others have said, it's a puzzle/adventure game with some spooky elements thrown in. It makes for a great game for the kids and adults to enjoy during leading up to Halloween.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Is as much as horror than something like the Goosebumps movie. Is more an adventure with kid-friendly horror elements added.

It's as much of a horror game as Pixar's Monster AG is a horror movie. Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to look up the English title of the movie.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Well they try to sell Castlevania as a horror game, so...

Stuart23 said:
Is as much as horror than something like the Goosebumps movie. Is more an adventure with kid-friendly horror elements added.

Nah... Luigi's Mansion isnt even Goosebumps level of horror.