Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Luigi's Mansion a Horror Game?

Is Luigi's Mansion a horror game?

MARR-RI-OOO!!!!! (Yes) 6 24.00%

Ha ha!! (No) 19 76.00%

Total:25
Stuart23 said:
Is as much as horror than something like the Goosebumps movie. Is more an adventure with kid-friendly horror elements added.

So like Scooby-Doo?

Around the Network

You know, unlike most people here I had the pleasure of playing this game as a kid and it could get tense sometimes.
Ghosts jumping out of nowhere and of course the famous blackout.

I could see it as a horror comedy maybe? But only the first one, which has a thicker opressive atmosphere at times. Dark Moon is more in line with something like Hotel Transilvania, where it's horror-themed but not meant to be "scary" in any way.

My FFVI analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk

My Shadow of the Colossus analysis: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ

No. It has a spooky theme (in a cartoonish way), but certainly not something I would classify as horror. Though I found the final boss in the first game to be kind of creepy when I was younger.

morenoingrato said:
You know, unlike most people here I had the pleasure of playing this game as a kid and it could get tense sometimes.
Ghosts jumping out of nowhere and of course the famous blackout.

I hated that part so much. -_-

GameOverture said:
I could see it as a horror comedy maybe? But only the first one, which has a thicker opressive atmosphere at times. Dark Moon is more in line with something like Hotel Transilvania, where it's horror-themed but not meant to be "scary" in any way.

Same with Scooby-Doo I guess. Well, usually.

Around the Network

Probably ghostbusters-level scary.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

morenoingrato said:
the famous blackout.

Yeah that stopped my playing of the game right there when I was a kid. Oh, not because I was scared, just couldn't figure out what to do lel.

@OP: Maybe the first game could be scary for children, but definitely not Dark Moon and most likely 3 as well. Kind of a shame but I prefer Halloween spooky over horror spooky, if that makes sense.

No.

If Luigi's Mansion is a horror game, then Ghostbusters is a horror movie.

peachbuggy said:
Probably ghostbusters-level scary.

Then again, Ghostbusters gave us this:

Believe it or not she was even scarier in the first draft, so they had to redesign her.