By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Yes 53 47.32%

No 41 36.61%

Trump should pick a new canidate 18 16.07%

Total:112
EricHiggin said:
Final-Fan said:

Since you're either trolling or honestly too myopic to understand that you need to articulate the point you're trying to make instead of just post "evidence" and assume everyone has magical psychic knowledge of your thought process, I'll do your job for you and guess that you're trying to say that
"TYT talking about it and FOX reporting it. They may do either or try both."
was addressing my post,
"As for what McConnell said, just because the Republicans take their cues nowadays from extremist bloggers, radio talk show hosts, etc., doesn't mean the Democrats are following suit.  Let me know if someone in Congress proposes that, but until then McConnell—and you—are just stretching "a human being in the USA has this idea" to mean "the Democratic Party plans to do this".  I mean, shit, if they were going to pack the court there wouldn't even be a need to impeach Kavanaugh."

First, I'll point out that back when those posts were fresh I had already pointed out that your response did NOT address what I said, and when you disputed it you pointed ONLY to the part that talked about whether McConnell laughed and NOT the other parts.  Until now I have taken this to be a tacit admission that the other stuff was not on point and have repeatedly told you so, which you have yet to explicitly dispute. 

Second, "TYT talking about it and FOX reporting it."  TYT talking about the possibility of trying one or both of those things (which I don't know is true but I'm taking your word for it for now) doesn't mean that Democrats in Congress actually plan on trying any such thing.  So how was that a substantive response to my post?  Fox reporting about speculation that the Democrats are wild-eyed lunatics desperate to destroy America is nothing new and I don't see what this has to do with anything. 

Third, "They may do either or try both."  Taken literally as a claim that this it's not physically impossible that this could happen, I agree.  By that standard, it's equally true that "the Republicans may do either or try both".  But I already said in the first post that I see no indications that there is a moderate likelihood (or more) that either one will actually be attempted and you gave no argument to the contrary.  So how was that a substantive response to my post? 

You said I didn't and I showed you I did. You kept saying I didn't though. The other parts were mostly explained by the TYT and FOX clips. It also doesn't mean the Dems specifically aren't planning that. Why would Fox out of the blue make something like that up? What would they really have to gain? They already 'won' anyway like Trump said. Sounds an awful lot like some of the Ford excuses about why she came forward. Why would she lie? What would she have to gain? Just because there wasn't news about Ford earlier, did she only recently become a victim, or was she a victim the entire time, we just didn't know until it was reported? Is news only true if the left leaning media also covers it? No reason for the left or right media to turn a blind eye to certain stories? Not like the left or right ever have stories about potential news, like Trump being a Russian spy/pawn, NK on the brink of nuking the US, or the Dems in the planning stages of impeaching Kav. None of which have any truth to them apparently, but plenty argued that wasn't the case when those stories were hot out of the oven.

Dem leaders over the last month or so, keep calling for harassment of Rep leaders, kicking them when their down, and just recently, Hillary herself (on CNN I think) said there is no need for civility until the Dems get the power back. Those are just words though, words from the left, which mean nothing, unlike the words from the right, which mean exactly whatever is said, regardless of the way in which it is presented, or what happens in correlation with it. Are the Dems not drooling at the opportunity to impeach Trump? Why bother impeaching Trump if you can just 'stack the Gov'? All they have to do is win the House, Senate, or even the Presidency, and then they don't need to worry about impeaching him, so why are they so worked up about exactly that? Why wouldn't that same train of thought follow through with Kav? Just stack the court right? Could it be that the Dems don't just live their political lives day to day and plan ahead? Could it be they don't want the story spread so it doesn't become boring old news, because they aren't ready themselves to push that agenda just yet?

You are acting like speculation is the same thing as evidence.  It's not.  But more importantly,
"TYT talking about it and FOX reporting it."

What is the "it" here? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

This thread has reached its end................................................

Final-Fan said:
EricHiggin said:

You said I didn't and I showed you I did. You kept saying I didn't though. The other parts were mostly explained by the TYT and FOX clips. It also doesn't mean the Dems specifically aren't planning that. Why would Fox out of the blue make something like that up? What would they really have to gain? They already 'won' anyway like Trump said. Sounds an awful lot like some of the Ford excuses about why she came forward. Why would she lie? What would she have to gain? Just because there wasn't news about Ford earlier, did she only recently become a victim, or was she a victim the entire time, we just didn't know until it was reported? Is news only true if the left leaning media also covers it? No reason for the left or right media to turn a blind eye to certain stories? Not like the left or right ever have stories about potential news, like Trump being a Russian spy/pawn, NK on the brink of nuking the US, or the Dems in the planning stages of impeaching Kav. None of which have any truth to them apparently, but plenty argued that wasn't the case when those stories were hot out of the oven.

Dem leaders over the last month or so, keep calling for harassment of Rep leaders, kicking them when their down, and just recently, Hillary herself (on CNN I think) said there is no need for civility until the Dems get the power back. Those are just words though, words from the left, which mean nothing, unlike the words from the right, which mean exactly whatever is said, regardless of the way in which it is presented, or what happens in correlation with it. Are the Dems not drooling at the opportunity to impeach Trump? Why bother impeaching Trump if you can just 'stack the Gov'? All they have to do is win the House, Senate, or even the Presidency, and then they don't need to worry about impeaching him, so why are they so worked up about exactly that? Why wouldn't that same train of thought follow through with Kav? Just stack the court right? Could it be that the Dems don't just live their political lives day to day and plan ahead? Could it be they don't want the story spread so it doesn't become boring old news, because they aren't ready themselves to push that agenda just yet?

You are acting like speculation is the same thing as evidence.  It's not.  But more importantly,

What is the "it" here? 

A noun.

The two clips I attached in an earlier correlating post cover that. The content in them is kind of important to understand that post, to be able to move forward in a meaningful way. Should I repost them...?

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 17 October 2018

EricHiggin said:
Final-Fan said:

What is the "it" here? 

A noun.

The two clips I attached in an earlier correlating post cover that. The content in them is kind of important to understand that post, to be able to move forward in a meaningful way. Should I repost them...?

Dude, you might as well be wearing a T-shirt saying "I AM A TROLL". 

Just one question:  is any part of the title of either video going to be contradicted by the contents of either video? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

EricHiggin said:
Final-Fan said:

What is the "it" here? 

A noun.

GET WRECKED SON

I'm done with this low quality trolling.  Can't even tell your nouns from your pronouns. 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
EricHiggin said:

A noun.

GET WRECKED SON

I'm done with this low quality trolling.  Can't even tell your nouns from your pronouns. 

I initially wrote pronoun actually, then realized based on the context of how it was presented I was incorrect, it was being used as a noun.

Is that Kav in the gif?

Based on how many times you've posted since those clips, and how much you wrote, you could have easily watched them in that same amount of time, yet you decided to continue the conversation and try to get me to explain it all instead. If you don't supply evidence and just put down your thoughts, you get asked for evidence, and if you supply evidence of where your thoughts are coming from, you get asked to explain the evidence itself.

Glad we're finally done playing 20 questions.

RolStoppable said:
EricHiggin said:

I initially wrote pronoun actually, then realized based on the context of how it was presented I was incorrect, it was being used as a noun.

(...)

Since this thread has already run its course, there's no harm in me asking in which context the word "it" can be a noun.

Can the word “it” be a noun?

It is possible for the word it to be a noun if it is used as the proper name for something. For example, there is a novel called “It” that was written by Stephen King. In this context, the word “It” acts as a proper name for the book. Likewise, if you call someone the name “It” you are using a proper noun. In both cases the word “it” should have a capital letter because you are using a proper noun.

https://www.vappingo.com/word-blog/is-the-word-it-a-noun/

RolStoppable said:
EricHiggin said:

Can the word “it” be a noun?

It is possible for the word it to be a noun if it is used as the proper name for something. For example, there is a novel called “It” that was written by Stephen King. In this context, the word “It” acts as a proper name for the book. Likewise, if you call someone the name “It” you are using a proper noun. In both cases the word “it” should have a capital letter because you are using a proper noun.

https://www.vappingo.com/word-blog/is-the-word-it-a-noun/

Stephen King's It is exactly what I've been thinking of. A second example that came to my mind just now is a boss in Resident Evil 4 that is only ever refered to as It.

Good that you could confirm for yourself that you were wrong about your "it" being a noun. Maybe that will grant you a bonus point by Applejack, so you don't need to wear that T-shirt.

In order for "it" to be considered a pronoun, it has to refer to something else, more specifically, something that has already been brought up and/or is known. If your asking what "it" is, then you must not know, which would mean your using "it" as a noun. If they did know what "it" was, then it makes no sense to ask what "it" meant.

I also ordered 1000 already since that came with a pretty decent discount. Not sure what I'm going to do with them all now. Maybe I should just do it.

RolStoppable said:

Good that you could confirm for yourself that you were wrong about your "it" being a noun. Maybe that will grant you a bonus point by Applejack, so you don't need to wear that T-shirt.

Do you think I should apologize?  I didn't realize that he was just admitting that he literally didn't know what he was talking about. 

EricHiggin said:
FinalFan said: 
What is the "it" here?
EricHiggin said:
A noun.  ... In order for "it" to be considered a pronoun, it has to refer to something else, more specifically, something that has already been brought up and/or is known.

This thread has earned the distinction of this quote from George Orwell:

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."