By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold prediction for Super Mario Party

I know a few do bold predictions on this site, so i figured i'd try my hand at my 1st one!

Given the seeming return to form for the Mario Party series and the decent reception it seems to have got, from what has been shown so far, i predict Super Mario Party will become the highest selling Mario Party to date LT.

My reasoning is, it appears to be doing well WW with preorders and like most 1st party Switch games, i see it being the best selling of the franchise so far. Interesting fact. Pre-BOTW, the 2 highest selling Mario Parties outsold every game in the Zelda franchise. For these reasons i predict Super Mario Party will be the first Mario Party to cross 10m.  

Agree?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

If the game turns out to be really good and Nintendo does a lot of advertising for it (and if it gets bundled with the Switch), there is a chance. Otherwise, I think 5 million would be a decent number.

Flilix said:

If the game turns out to be really good and Nintendo does a lot of advertising for it (and if it gets bundled with the Switch), there is a chance. Otherwise, I think 5 million would be a decent number.

5m would make it the 3rd best selling. I do expect it to get a decent amount of advertising and fingers crossed, from what i've seen it does appear to be a good game, so far at least! As for bundling, i do expect there to be a bundle at some time, it may be just the thing to push it over the 10m threshold.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

More likely than not. Depends when the next Mario Party is

It will heavily depend on the quality of the game.But having said that, i do agree with you at least on the part that it will do really well.I do think that most people are underestimating Super Mario Party potential.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I'm already seeing commercials for the game, so they're not off to a terrible start in terms of advertising...
And the game definitely looks better than the last few installments...

Have a nice day...

I really like the footage I've been seeing from this Mario Party game so far.  Usually I'm like, "All of these Mario Parties look the same, so we don't need to buy another one."  But this one looks really good.  I especially like how they are taking advantage of the Switch's unique hardware.  This game will probably have really good legs, simply because when households get multiple Switches they will want this game.

So yeah, I can get behind this being the best selling Mario Party ever.  Switch is the type of console that can have plenty of "best-selling ever" titles.  Mario Party is a very good candidate to be on that list.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I really like the footage I've been seeing from this Mario Party game so far.  Usually I'm like, "All of these Mario Parties look the same, so we don't need to buy another one."  But this one looks really good.  I especially like how they are taking advantage of the Switch's unique hardware.  This game will probably have really good legs, simply because when households get multiple Switches they will want this game.

So yeah, I can get behind this being the best selling Mario Party ever.  Switch is the type of console that can have plenty of "best-selling ever" titles.  Mario Party is a very good candidate to be on that list.

Agreed. From my perspective it looks like going back to the series' roots is a good thing. My favourite Mario party by a longshot is the original.

Mar1217 said:
I'm expecting 2 things :

- It'll cross the 5M mark

- It'll have good legs .

Yes to both and imo it will be the legs that carry it over the 10m mark.

leedlelee said:
I'm already seeing commercials for the game, so they're not off to a terrible start in terms of advertising...
And the game definitely looks better than the last few installments...

Yep. I'm looking forward to it more than any Mario party i can remember and that's cool that you have seen adverts for it. Not seen any myself yet. The preorders thing is very positive too. It's been said a lot on here that the bulk of the fanbase aren't the type to preorder games.