By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I am finding a lot of bugs in Forum Search Function

Normally I don't pay attention to anything beyond the hot topics or various forum front pages, so I don't have issues, but when I try to search for an older post I run into a number of bugs:

Some bugs I am finding:
* Clicking the magnifying glass and entering any keyword and selecting "Topics" results in a blank grey screen.
* Entering nothing into the field > Forum search page "http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-search.php?query=" > Type anything into search column and enter > RESULT:  none of the fields work for searching.
* Go to My Topics > click any column to resort > RESULT: page instead sorts the "Hot Topics" section instead.
* Go to Forum Buddy > Select My Topics > Page enters sorting by latest date > Click any page > Result: Sorting now goes by number of posts instead.

Is this possibly something on my end like some issue with browser temp data/cookies?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Forum search has been completely broken for me for a while now. It just does nothing.

That might be on my end, though. i haven't really experiemented with other devices/clearing my cache etc.

Even when working it's useless anyway, searches through every word of every post instead of just thread titles.

Yeah, for a long time I've been experiencing those bugs on the search section. But then,there is so many bugs on this site, right now I think fixing the layout of when you use the desktop version on mobile should be the priority.

And also the yearly comparison on the gameDB. They told that function would return a long time ago but still nothing.

Last edited by Stuart23 - on 26 September 2018

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

RolStoppable said:
Stuart23 said:

Yeah, for a long time I've been experiencing those bugs on the search section. But then,there is so many bugs on this site, right now I think fixing the layout of when you use the desktop version on mobile should be the priority.

And also the yearly comparison on the gameDB. They told that function would return a long time ago but still nothing.

The coder left the site a few months ago, so nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future.

Oh didn't knew that. That's too bad.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

use google and use site:vgchartz.com and search that way for the thread title you're looking for, it might not be perfect but it doesn't have a time limit on how often you can take a stab at finding the right thing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive