By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Ops 4 sales Prediction!

"There is no reason for this to sell more than past CODs", "This should sell as much as ww2, give or take:" Are people misinformed or do they deliberately ignore Blackout's huge popularity?

Around the Network

I expect 30 million+ for this, this game has a lot of good buzz going for it. Blackout has been met with positive reception and I feel like a lot of Twitch personalities will move over to this game. If this game also somehow becomes a Twitch mainstay which it totally can be, this will be the biggest COD in history.

PS4: 20 million
Xbox One: 12 million
PC: 6 million

Total: 38 million

It could be more, but I highly doubt it'll sell less than 30 million lifetime.

adisababa said:
I expect 30 million+ for this, this game has a lot of good buzz going for it. Blackout has been met with positive reception and I feel like a lot of Twitch personalities will move over to this game. If this game also somehow becomes a Twitch mainstay which it totally can be, this will be the biggest COD in history.

PS4: 20 million
Xbox One: 12 million
PC: 6 million

Total: 38 million

It could be more, but I highly doubt it'll sell less than 30 million lifetime.

Agreed. Worst case scenario is that it stays flat to black ops 3 numbers on consoles, but then you have a guaranteed big number for PC thanks to Blackout, and probably still enough to push the franchise to new heights.

I agree that COD Blackout will help push this year's cod to be probably the best selling of this current gen console. The novelty of Battle Royale, combined with how much of a positive reception they've received. Not to mention Black Ops is one of the fav COD series. Had Blackout been a disaster then it'll be the opposite, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I also believe it'll outsell Red Dead overall. Whether or not it'll outsell it per console is a little debatable, but overall sales no doubt.

I expect it to be less than any previous COD title...The game is missing the campaign which will impact some of its sales. Not only that, but with an eliminated campaign, you are getting the normal count of maps like previous years.. which is a complete rip off. Blackout mode is just another one big map which i think will get boring after a few days of playing. We should have got at least 16 maps as part of game release to make up for the missing campaign..

Activation is a such a greedy company, they saved all cost of building a campaign (development, story narrative, voice actors) and still delivered the same number of maps in MP. People should not allow this to happen, speak with your wallets and don's buy the game.

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
I expect it to be less than any previous COD title...The game is missing the campaign which will impact some of its sales. Not only that, but with an eliminated campaign, you are getting the normal count of maps like previous years.. which is a complete rip off. Blackout mode is just another one big map which i think will get boring after a few days of playing. We should have got at least 16 maps as part of game release to make up for the missing campaign..

Activation is a such a greedy company, they saved all cost of building a campaign (development, story narrative, voice actors) and still delivered the same number of maps in MP. People should not allow this to happen, speak with your wallets and don's buy the game.

Lol, 95% of COD players don't give a damn about the SP campaign. Don't talk like you actually play COD games.