By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS5 offer 2nd screen/remote play?

Remote Play on PS5?

Only with Vita 2 10.53%

Portable like Switch 2 10.53%

Another hardware option 6 31.58%

None 7 36.84%

Only on PC 0 0%

Other... 2 10.53%

Total:19

While the announcement of cross play makes me think PS is actually done with handhelds, there is something else that has has me thinking it could very well be just the opposite.

PS not so long ago claimed they want nothing to do with cross play and for reasons. Now we have cross play.
PS not so long ago claimed they didn't care much about BC and old retro games suck. Now we have the PS classic.
PS just recently claimed they have no plans for handhelds looking ahead into the future. Is a new handheld/hybrid not that far off?

While cross play could help or hurt PS in different ways, if a Switch competitor was on the horizon, then allowing cross play asap shouldn't be much of a problem because how many potential customers are you actually going to lose in that small amount of time? Create some nostalgia, crush the negativity of anti consumer behavior asap, then launch a new product. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Otherwise a PS app for a mobile phone or tablet and maybe some special Switch like joy cons that will hook up to those devices, could be another way to allow remote play.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

While the announcement of cross play makes me think PS is actually done with handhelds, there is something else that has has me thinking it could very well be just the opposite.

PS not so long ago claimed they want nothing to do with cross play and for reasons. Now we have cross play.
PS not so long ago claimed they didn't care much about BC and old retro games suck. Now we have the PS classic.
PS just recently claimed they have no plans for handhelds looking ahead into the future. Is a new handheld/hybrid not that far off?

While cross play could help or hurt PS in different ways, if a Switch competitor was on the horizon, then allowing cross play asap shouldn't be much of a problem because how many potential customers are you actually going to lose in that small amount of time? Create some nostalgia, crush the negativity of anti consumer behavior asap, then launch a new product. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Otherwise a PS app for a mobile phone or tablet and maybe some special Switch like joy cons that will hook up to those devices, could be another way to allow remote play.

I just want a way to play it in my house in various rooms when I have to watch my kids or something similar. I could get a lot more gaming time in if I wasn't tethered to one room.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS