By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2019 looks pretty impressive already

Cerebralbore101 said:
Fire Emblem should be out by Jan or Feb. They already delayed it once.
Nah, it woulda been in the direct if it were coming that soon.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

Switch will hit 40 million units sold before 2019 ends. Calling it now. 

Well that's pretty much a given lmao. Let's say it can still sell like 9 millions in 2018, that would put it to almost 30 millions starting 2019. I think it will pass the 50 million mark before 2020 maybe even 55 millions. Y'all ain't ready for this monster to go full force. 

Also Fire emblem games usually release in March. Bayonetta 3 will release in november 2019 for sure and Metroid will be a January/February 2020 title imo. They don't need Metroid in 2019 and i just want them to take their time tbh. We don't even have the trilogy announced yet (which is obvious they will do) which they will for sure release maybe a year or so before the actual game comes out.

It's a given, that with Nintendo present big time at the Game Awards every year, they will be present this year again. They always show the more mature content (which is the target audience of the ceremony), so it would be between Bayonetta 3 (which i don't think they will show 2 years in a row) and a little teaser of Metroid Prime 4. I really think they will just go with Metroid and drop the trilogy announcement for February (like bayonetta 1-2 last year).

Last edited by xMetroid - on 16 September 2018

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Fire Emblem should be out by Jan or Feb. They already delayed it once.

:( Just checked their website. 

They have it listed as Spring 2019. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Well Kirby was spring 2018 too i think and it ended up early March.

I think Yoshi will be the May/June title and Animal crossing august/september

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pok87 said:
I think 2019 will be looking something like this:

January - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
February - Town and Smash DLC 1
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Wii or WiiU port
May - Nintendo Labo and Smash DLC 2
June - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
July - Daemon X Machina
August - Shin Megami Tensei V and Wii/WiiU port
September - Luigi's Mansion 3 and new Nintendo Labo
October - unannounced game and Smash DLC 3
November - Pokémon Gen 8
December - Animal Crossing

+ few third party exclusives (mostly from Japan)

Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 will arive in 2020.

Looks good!

Although...would Nintendo want Pokemon and Animal Crossing so close together during the holiday season?

They release Pokemon game and Smash Bros. in a three weeks interval, so it's possible. Nintendo always prepare big arms for holiday season.

MasonADC said:
Pok87 said:

April - Wii or WiiU port
July - Daemon X Machina
November - Pokémon Gen 8

I can't put my finger on it, but this list just seems... weird. Not sure why. 

What would you change in this list?

Miyamotoo said:
Pok87 said:

April - Wii or WiiU port
July - Daemon X Machina
November - Pokémon Gen 8

Actually higher chances are that Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 will arive in 2019. instead of Shin Megami Tensei V (they only February 2018. said "game is now in full development").

CaptainExplosion said:

We do?

With Animal Crossing coming to Switch I just might finally get an Animal Crossing game.

Yes, hardly in September 2018. we can know hole 2019. Switch lineup, I think that even Nintendo still isn't completely sure about hole 2019. lineup.

I agree that Shin Megami Tensei V may be released in 2020. We still don't know many games that come in 2019. I just fill the gap.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Pok87 said:

April - Wii or WiiU port
July - Daemon X Machina
November - Pokémon Gen 8

I think Fire Emblem will come out before May. Nintendo probably don't want to miss Goldenweek for that game, though a western release could be at a later date.

Also, Travis seems to come too early for me, since we don't have much infos about this next No more Heroes yet. Same for Town, of which I'm not even sure it will release during next year, way too unfinished.

I don't think there will be as much DLC this time in Smash as with the Wii U one - there ain't much left for DLC anymore.

The resulting gaps could already get filled partially from the Final Fantasy games

Travis Strikes Again will be officialy released on January 18.

Town is indie game that's why I don't think we would have to wait for it as much as for the AAA game. But who knows.

Final Fantasy games will be mainly old ports. But 2019 will be easy the best year (so far) with third party support.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well Kirby was spring 2018 too i think and it ended up early March.

I think Yoshi will be the May/June title and Animal crossing august/september

I dont know, for me Yoshi also screams March release, and I would need to guess, Animal Crossing is May/June/July release.

Pok87 said:

Final Fantasy games will be mainly old ports. But 2019 will be easy the best year (so far) with third party support.

Yeah, we already have like 7 FF games alone for 2019. so 2019. will be easily best year for Switch regardless 3rd party, but 1st party also.

2017 was a great year (maybe the best in Nintendo history). I don't know if Nintendo can beat him that quickly.

Pok87 said:
2017 was a great year (maybe the best in Nintendo history). I don't know if Nintendo can beat him that quickly.

Zelda BotW and Odyssey make difference, but 2019. will most likely have more better games than 2017. had, espacily if we talk about new games.

xMetroid said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Switch will hit 40 million units sold before 2019 ends. Calling it now. 

Well that's pretty much a given lmao. Let's say it can still sell like 9 millions in 2018, that would put it to almost 30 millions starting 2019. I think it will pass the 50 million mark before 2020 maybe even 55 millions. Y'all ain't ready for this monster to go full force. 

Also Fire emblem games usually release in March. Bayonetta 3 will release in november 2019 for sure and Metroid will be a January/February 2020 title imo. They don't need Metroid in 2019 and i just want them to take their time tbh. We don't even have the trilogy announced yet (which is obvious they will do) which they will for sure release maybe a year or so before the actual game comes out.

It's a given, that with Nintendo present big time at the Game Awards every year, they will be present this year again. They always show the more mature content (which is the target audience of the ceremony), so it would be between Bayonetta 3 (which i don't think they will show 2 years in a row) and a little teaser of Metroid Prime 4. I really think they will just go with Metroid and drop the trilogy announcement for February (like bayonetta 1-2 last year).

Pokemon is November, I'm thinking Bayo is early 2020 with Metroid late 2019