By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman did 125k FW in Japan

After seeing uk and Japan numbers 4m+ FW is looking more and more likely. Digital is always growing for these big ps4 games and I'd like to think spiderman will have a better ratio then gow digitally.



Around the Network
John2290 said:
Kerotan said:
After seeing uk and Japan numbers 4m+ FW is looking more and more likely. Digital is always growing for these big ps4 games and I'd like to think spiderman will have a better ratio then gow digitally.

Over 4 million. Easy. If you count the actual seven days. 

Maybe without counting all 7? God of war released on Tuesday I think and spiderman Friday yet spiderman is still selling way more in UK and Japan. 



Keep the good news coming.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kerotan said:
John2290 said:

Over 4 million. Easy. If you count the actual seven days. 

Maybe without counting all 7? God of war released on Tuesday I think and spiderman Friday yet spiderman is still selling way more in UK and Japan. 

God of War was Friday. It was 4/20



Barkley said:
By comparison here's what other PS4 exclusives did first week.

Uncharted 4 - 128k
Spiderman - 125k
Horizon Zero Dawn - 117k
God of War - 46k

They hate Kratos.

JPN western game sensibilities are pretty much 1) competitive esports, 2) a shooter or 3) open world.

GoW is none of these. 



Around the Network
Signalstar said:
John2290 said:
Nice. I've seen a lotta Japanese people online streaming and sharing screens, An odd property for the Japs to ride on, though.

Don't use the term "Japs". It has a history of being used as a pejorative during WWII.

 

Spider-Man is fairly popular in Japan actually. He is after all the most popular superhero in the world.

More popular than Batman even!?



So far, Spiderman has a debut of almost double of God of War in the UK, and has a 2.5x greater debut in Japan.

I still stand by my prediction of this being the best selling PS4 exclusive lifetime, with a good chance of outselling Gran Turismo 3.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

KLAMarine said:
Signalstar said:

Don't use the term "Japs". It has a history of being used as a pejorative during WWII.

 

Spider-Man is fairly popular in Japan actually. He is after all the most popular superhero in the world.

More popular than Batman even!?

I think Batman and Spider-Man are technically tied as of the last ranking. But other than Batman I vastly prefer Marvel to DC so I was a little biased and hyperbolic in my statement.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

John2290 said:
Signalstar said:

Don't use the term "Japs". It has a history of being used as a pejorative during WWII.

 

Spider-Man is fairly popular in Japan actually. He is after all the most popular superhero in the world.

Er..okay... I mean, I've see  Japanese people refer to themselves as Japs.  I don't see why it matters and WW2 was near 80 years ago and those 'Japs' deserved derogatory terms, well. Their leaders anyway. . But okay boss, won't happen again, I didn't even know it was derogatory. 

I am sorry you got banned for this post :(. For what it is worth I did not report you. I happen to believe you when you say you did not know it was derogatory and was a just hoping you would learn.

 

I am not Japanese but I speak the language almost fluently and lived there for a few years. I wasn't trying to shame you or anything .



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Technically, we can just discuss this here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237635&page=1#