By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a depressing game.

Listen to this. It should chill you out a little:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIWLT0QVPzw

It may even make you mourn.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It certainly is interesting going from Spider-Man to this. TR just had a pure rage moment for Lara

Well Spidey to Batman you sure will go from up to downtone. I appreciate both styles, I'm liking Spider and have liked most TR, let's see what I'll think of the newest whenever I get to play it on discount =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pathetic storyline. Trinity, referencing christianity as being a bad cult. Is it hard to do something less obvious and original? Like they haven't done this already. The environments are mainly cut/paste jobs from previous games with slight modifications. Tomb raider franchise is just a rental at best. finish in an evening and return.

KratosLives said:
pathetic storyline. Trinity, referencing christianity as being a bad cult. Is it hard to do something less obvious and original? Like they haven't done this already. The environments are mainly cut/paste jobs from previous games with slight modifications. Tomb raider franchise is just a rental at best. finish in an evening and return.

Lol! 

Around the Network

Spider man controls spectacularly and it is really a spectacular game .. i played the first two TR games and they were boring and did not control very good this third one looks exactly the same in every way and it looks like it controls the same as well the jumps still look awkward and floaty. But i admit it looks really good and polished much more than the previous two games.

contestgamer said:
Kerotan said:
They seem obsessed with making them depressing. Tomb raider 2013 the same. They really need to mix it up and not have them like that nearly always. Give us a few hours in the middle where everything seems positive like in uncharted. Mix things up

Why cant those of us that like it just have a wall to wall dark and depressing game? You guys already have sooo many more happy go lucky, bright, optimistic franchises. Those of that like really dark games without any moments of levity have very few options to choose from. Pretty much dark souls and bloodborne thats it.

Fair enough point. It's just me being selfish. 

Just a game selling off an established IP, not tomb raider whatsoever, a poor mans uncharted. Glad it sucked in the latest reviews, needs to die or start again.

I tend to prefer a dark tone in most of my games so I don't mind this. I really enjoyed the reboot so I look forward to playing Rise and this one eventually.

Spoiler:

In like the first hour, she destroys an entire village fill of innocent people. A kid even dies begging for his mom!