By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Y used copy came with rare/event pokemon, what to do?

mZuzek said:
V-r0cK said:

Wow that's a lot.  I can understand not wanting to touch a Pokemon in awhile after playing so much of it but you wouldn't get rid of the game completely like this seller did would you?

Nah, I'd never get rid of my buddy Y. Way too many great memories in that game. I was probably a little burned out to enjoy the games that came after, but the games didn't help themselves either. Everything that came after X/Y was trash.

Ah I see.  Ya I figured if someone dedicated that much time into a game they must've had some great memories and would probably want to keep it.  So for the seller to have gotten rid of it must've had enough of it all lol

Around the Network

Pokemon Bank should allow you to keep the Pokemon for all future generations - a full collection like that is probably worth more than you paid for the cartridge, to be honest.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Salvage all important stuff. You have a few options.

Unless you're really serious about Pokemon and wanting to catch them all, don't bother saving them, and even then, still don't. Getting a full collection won't feel satisfying when a huge chunk of it was just handed to you. If you don't care about such sentimental value you may aswell just hack. That's just my take of course, ultimately it's your call!

BraLoD said:
burninmylight said:

Listen to what Ka-pi said and get bank. It's $5 USD and lasts for a year, and even if you let your sub run out, it keeps your stored Pokemon in the meantime. Anything you want to transfer over to your new game, you can do so at your leisure.

As far as how to tell if a mon is hacked, there are definitely ways you can tell. The online checker looks for these things: illegale stats, illegal moves, and symbol representing what game (aka region) the Pokemon was born/generated. So long as you don't have a Pokemon with stats that can go past the max at its current level, a move it can't possibly ever learn (event Pokemon complicate this a little), and doesn't come from a region that it couldn't possibly have been available, you should be fine. You can go to Bulbapedia and look up all this info for any mon, and I'm sure there are online sites that let you plug in your mon's info and have it tell you if it's legit.

Otherwise, the online checker is notoriously easy to beat. Word of advice: the people wonder trading you shiny legendaries and battling with a team full of six shinies with maxed out stats and egg moves - they're hacked. Most people are either using hacked mon, or using hacked mon to breed legit ones (that's what I do, 6IV Ditto here). To get caught for hacking and banned is equivalent to tapping a police officer on the shoulder, knocking coffee out of his or her hand, then punching a woman in the face. You have to really be trying.`So in all likely hood, those mon you inherited came from hacked means in some way, but I bet they are fine. If you see a Charizard with Hydro Pump or something, then that should be setting off red flags in your head, lol.

Also, the thing you REALLY want to be careful about is not losing rare items. PokeBank does not allow you to transfer items. There was an even early in Y that gave people access to Blazikenite (Blaziken's mega stone) that was not originally in the game, and there is no other way to get it if you lose it, other than trading with someone else. You don't want to lose that, so if you do restart your game and you have it now, make sure to ask someone to temporarily hold it for you. Same thing with either Pinsirite (Y comes with Heracrossite, X comes with Pinsirite).

And certain berries could only be self-obtained by playing certain mini-games online that are no longer available, like the Custap Berry. Definitely have someone hold onto that for you if you have it now. I keep trying to end this post, but I keep thinking of more things, lol.

Thank you for your response.

I got the Pokemon Bank app, transfered all the legendary and event pokemons he had and will keep them there until I can get them myself (if I ever can get event pokemons, lol)

He had those mega stones and a lot more, will make some pokes hold it and trade them to get it back after deleting his data.

Any other notable items or non legendary/mystic pokes I should pay attention to? My plan is to hold rare pokes until I can get them myself, if there are more pokemons that are extremely rare I would like to know it.

Will be holding the save a bit more until I know I can safely delete it without losing anything else other than pokes.

You definitely want to hold onto any mythical Pokemon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and so on). Not only are those impossible to find in a solo playthrough without cheating devices, but Nintendo rarely does events handing them out and, check this out... you can't trade for them online by searching. To trade for one, someone has to offer it to you. So they are a humongous pain in the ass to acquire.

I mentioned Blazikenite and Pinsirite already. I just remembered that in Y, you of course only get Charizardite Y. If your game has the Char X stone, definitely find a way to hold onto that. The rest of the mega stones, you can acquire in your playthrough.

There are also extremely rare hold items for the Latis - Soul Dew is what I think it's called. It's so rare that it's banned at tournaments, because it was only distributed in events. There's also the Griseous Orb for Giratina. Those items are worth more than the mon that they belong to, lol.

There are other hold items that you can get in game, but they are also a PITA, like Pikachu's Light Ball, Cubone's Thick Club, Light Clay, and so on. You can look up how to get them, but be prepared to spend some grind time acquiring them. If your game already has them, hold onto a copy for just in case you decide enough is enough.

I mentioned before that there are several berries that could only be acquired playing online mini-games on the Pokemon Web site that are no longer available, ergo the berries can't be acquired that way either. You could trade for them from someone (like yours truly), but if your game has them, I recommend keeping at least one for yourself, and planting them in your new game to make extras. Who knows? A year from now, you might be a good Samaritan helping someone else acquire them. To be honest though, the only one that has any true worth in battle is the Custap Berry (allows a Pokemon in critical health to go first next turn,  barring the opponent using a priority move). But for completionist's sake, you can look them up and decide. Sorry, I used to know all the ones off of the top of my head. I'm too lazy to go look them up myself. It's almost bed time. I think the others are Jaboca (hurts your opponent once for hitting you), Kee (raises defense once when hit by a physical move), and... crap, can't remember the counterpart to Kee.