By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles 4 review thread. (85 Opencritic)

COKTOE said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Do you need to play 1 to get 4?

No, but it would be nice since the stories run parallel to each other. Since the first one is pretty cheap, and nearly identical to VC4, you could buy it first to gauge your interest.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Do you need to play 1 to get 4?

I can guarantee you that 1 is a great game.  I haven't played 4 yet, so it remains to be seen.

If it was on Switch I probably would have gotten it already. But it's not. I'll play the 4 Demo and if I like it play 1 on PS4 : ) 

Around the Network

If this is anything like the first one I'm expecting Valkyria Chronicles 4 to end up as one of my favourite games of the year without question, and from what I've seen and heard so far that seems to be the case. A new story and some nice updates to the formula is all I really wanted in the first place from a sequel.

COKTOE said:

No, but it would be nice since the stories run parallel to each other. Since the first one is pretty cheap, and nearly identical to VC4, you could buy it first to gauge your interest.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I can guarantee you that 1 is a great game.  I haven't played 4 yet, so it remains to be seen.

If it was on Switch I probably would have gotten it already. But it's not. I'll play the 4 Demo and if I like it play 1 on PS4 : ) 

The original game is coming to Switch as well.