By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blackout Beta discussion thread

John2290 said:
Mordred11 said:

Played around 4 hours last night and I have to give it to Treyarch, this is the best battle royale experience I've got so far, and I've played my share of BRs. My mates are also enjoying it tremendously. Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the best selling COD ever simply because of Blackout.

P.S.: Don't expect a real discussion in regards to a COD game on this site, it's filled with negativity towards the franchise and there will be people talking it down even thought they haven't played and have no intention of playing BO4/Blackout, as seen in one of the earlier replies in this thread.

And I was upfront about that. I don't wish this game to fail and hope the best for people who want to play and enjoy it nor do I hate COD. The publisher of this game is tremendously anti consumer to those people who buy their games, that is why I won't be buying it, regardless of it's qaulity at release and same goes for the many games I want to buy such as Sekerio and Diablo 3's DLC. I would never talk a game down because of this and my opinion was from the IGN stream last week, it has since changed as I've seem better gamers play BO and I'm incredibly impressed. I am a former COD player and would love to return for a truly good one however the company will have to prove themselves with consumer friendly  monetization and price points, along with no walled off content in the guture.

Please do not take me out of context and hint at my integrity (or percieved lack of) without at least tagging me and giving me an opportunity to defend myself. 

Yeah you were upfront about it, but this thread is titled "Blackout Beta discussion". Maybe if you actually played the beta and came here being upfront about not being interested in buying the game, your post would have had some little bit of relevance to the discussion. But instead it just misses the point by stating an opinion no one coming into this thread cares about. And I will tag you when I feel like it.

Around the Network

At the end, while my thoughts are still the same, I did start to enjoy it a bit more in the end. Got a win so, I'm done with my experience. Found the duos only close quarters mode really fun because it was frantic. Here's what I think they need to change.

1) Increase base HP but nerf armour effectiveness. Without armour, you melt, no reaction time, nothing. With 200HP and level 3 armour and you can basically face tank people sometimes.

2) Add FMJ as a gun enhancement.

3) In normal mode make the circle close a little bit faster, not like the quick mode but just enough so I'm not waiting around like a numpty for the first 2 circles to close when I luckily landed in them.

4) Fix all the bugs obviously.

5) And I'm not sure who they do this. Make it feel like Call of Duty.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
At the end, while my thoughts are still the same, I did start to enjoy it a bit more in the end. Got a win so, I'm done with my experience. Found the duos only close quarters mode really fun because it was frantic. Here's what I think they need to change.

1) Increase base HP but nerf armour effectiveness. Without armour, you melt, no reaction time, nothing. With 200HP and level 3 armour and you can basically face tank people sometimes.

3) In normal mode make the circle close a little bit faster, not like the quick mode but just enough so I'm not waiting around like a numpty for the first 2 circles to close when I luckily landed in them.

1. Agreed, having 200 base health and making lvl 3 armor have lvl 2 effectiveness would be ideal.

2. Agreed again, I was in a top 2 situation earlier and the guy was using a barricade, it took forever to put him down.

5. I personally feel like it's CODish as it could get in a battle royale. Not sure what they could improve on that, maybe leaning but they said they've tested it out and weren't pleased with it.

The Fury said:

1) I think base health should be 200hp. Level 1 armor should block the first 2 shots, 2 armor 3 shots and 3 armor 4 or 5 shots.

2) This would be cool.

3) I think the circle speed is fine but they should increase the damage you take outside the circle. 

4) This and they need to fix their servers. Had errors finding games and sometimes my character would teleport all over the place but everything was fine in the pre game lobby. Classic Treyarch servers smh. Also joining people was broken just like in BO3.

5) For me it feels like CoD. The locations are CoD locations, the characters are from CoD games. Guns are from CoD games and the gunplay is CoD. The vehicles feel like Halo though. 

Mordred11 said: 

5. I personally feel like it's CODish as it could get in a battle royale. Not sure what they could improve on that, maybe leaning but they said they've tested it out and weren't pleased with it.

jason1637 said: 

5) For me it feels like CoD. The locations are CoD locations, the characters are from CoD games. Guns are from CoD games and the gunplay is CoD. The vehicles feel like Halo though. 

I will add to both of these a little context. I didn't feel like the MP was as CoD like as it should be either. The idea of seeing HP bars, armour, HP packs and all that. Health was 150 so gun took longer to kill you but there was still instat kill quickscoping. But alas, that's a problem with this CoD, not Blackout.

On number 2, FMJ and shooting through things is a very CoD thing. Fortnite has building, Battlefield will have it as well as destroyable environments so FMJ would just make it easier to blitz a building if you know their in there but can't get to them.

Last edited by The Fury - on 17 September 2018

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

I have no interest in the game nor will I be buying it even if it's Gods newest gift to gaming but I did watch the IGN stream and it looked like COD but empty and ... frustrating. Very frustrating, the first person camera and FoV does not lend itself well to the BR genre. I felt suffocated watching the guy play. The speed also, it just doesn't fit. This could add tension, create cheap kills or perhaps all work to be the best CoD game mode yet. I dunno but I certainly won't be buying it.

I find that the third person camera angle doesn't either, as it allows you to easily cheese look around a corner and gun someone down without that other player being able to see you around that corner, not unless they are hugging the opposite corner, which itself happens very rarely in this game mode.

It'd be interesting to see something like an isometric BR game, since everyone would have the same viewing distance and see most of what is around them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm actually having a blast playing it! I've played a good amount of Fortnite and PUBG, and can honestly say that this is much better IMO.

One buddy of mine didnt like it at first as he was more of a Fortnite player but after playing it more he really enjoyed it and got hooked. I also have a bunch of my PC gamer friends that are enjoying the hell out of this as well and they're huge PUBG players.

On the front side it just looks like a CoD version of PUBG, but after playing it a lot you can really feel the CoD magic that really makes it shine (if that's a things lol)

Played one round, same garbage CoD gunplay. Doubt I will fire it up again.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Lol, someone got owned.

Mordred11 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Lol, someone got owned.

Got two kills and died. Not bad for my first CoD match in years.