By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA censors "white man" and "DLC" in Battlefield V

Wow, EA just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. As if they didn't already create enough of a shitstorm by caving to SJWs and insulting the fans, telling them "if you don't like it, don't buy it", they go and pull this shit, seriously?

EA is committing PR suicide with this game. It's as if they told Koei Tecmo "hold my beer".

Keep digging deeper with that shovel, EA. 

Around the Network

They censored "white man"?

I wonder if people will still believe there's no motive or agenda.

It's too bad. The game looks pretty good. Censoring dlc isn't really a concern considering they're scraping paid dlc for this game?

ironmanDX said:

It's too bad. The game looks pretty good. Censoring dlc isn't really a concern considering they're scraping paid dlc for this game?

Me, too, I instantly got vibes of this: 

When I heard the news.

ironmanDX said:

Yep. This is what changed my mind to be honest. I mean, I was more so having careful doubt before than believing there was no agenda (and I don't think having a non-toxic agenda is bad). But that is straight up toxicity. 

Makes sense. I wouldn't want to be part of an online community that uses harmful and non-ubiquitous words like "white man." Now I can let my children play this game with no worries.

Also why would they censor the word "DLC"? What if people are curious if the eventual DLC is worth buying? Do they have to call it something else when discussing it now?

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Let this game fail already. EA is just delaying the inevitable.

Jesus christ I thought the title was a joke. Come on EA.

from what ive seen, you can still type phrases like "black man", "asian man", and even "brown man" with no problem at all. its just "white man" that they banned

ive also heard that while "dlc" is banned you can still say "free dlc" but i still need someone to confirm this

Yerm said:
from what ive seen, you can still type phrases like "black man", "asian man", and even "brown man" with no problem at all. its just "white man" that they banned

ive also heard that while "dlc" is banned you can still say "free dlc" but i still need someone to confirm this

You can say 'free DLC", but not "DLC"

Smartie900 said:
Yerm said:

You can say 'free DLC", but not "DLC"

What about, "not free dlc"?