By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Spider-Man is fastest-selling game of the year (200k+ retail only)

thismeintiel said:
Random_Matt said:
Resetera, or whatever you call it suggests it has sold bucket loads of software and hardware in the States.

Definitely seems that PS4 should take Sept.  It'll be interesting to see by how much, though.

I would reckon PS4 would win by a landslide due to not just Spiderman, but Destiny 2 marketing as well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

My parents went on vacations in Canada last week, and when they came back they told me "Oh, it was weird a few days ago, there was a lot of people lining up in electronics and video games store! Did something big release?"... Obviously, it was Spiderman.

Funny that even someone who doesn't know anything about video games noticed that something happened.

Mar1217 said:
flashfire926 said:

I would reckon PS4 would win by a landslide due to not just Spiderman, but Destiny 2 marketing as well.

Destiny 2 Last "Expansion" hasn't done so great in the charts. I doubt this will do much honestly.

That's cause destiny is known to have a digital ratio higher than 50%, which is most likely even higher in this case due to people getting Destiny 2 base free on PS Plus.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Wow! Never expect to do this well!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Congratulations for the awesome sales figures! A fantastic game, thanks Sony / Insomniac.

And Dragon Quest XI is # 2 in the UK right now :)

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it became the best selling PS4 game ... but I also wouldn't be surprised if GOW4 ended up having better legs than Spider-Man. And wasn't GOW relatively an American centric franchise sales wise UNTIL GOW4? Wouldn't be surprised if GOW4 still sold more worldwide.

Yeah I can see spiderman selling more year 1. Maybe after year 2 and 3 aswell. But I expect gow to have legs similar to TLOU. Maybe spiderman will too but I doubt it. Either way insane sales and could pull-in more revenue overall if it sells a ton more copies then gow near launch at full price and both digital and retail. 

Are those 200k retail only?

Might have underestimated Spiderman. Still don't think it'll beat GoW ltd

Faelco said:
My parents went on vacations in Canada last week, and when they came back they told me "Oh, it was weird a few days ago, there was a lot of people lining up in electronics and video games store! Did something big release?"... Obviously, it was Spiderman.

Funny that even someone who doesn't know anything about video games noticed that something happened.

Canada is cool :) Thats really interesting, thanks for your comment.

TheGamer_1995 said:
Are those 200k retail only?

More than 200.000 (on disc) alone in UK - in one or two days sold! :) That is crazy, very impressive.

With digital sales, maybe more than ca. 360k+ (?) in uk..

Congrats insomniac,playstation and marvel.everyone on my friendlist is playing this game.people are lining up for midnight launch in India which is just crazy.never seen such craze for a videogame.worldwide it's going to blow every exclusive this generation guaranteed.