By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD (out PS4/XboxOne, later on Switch)

Xxain said:
Barkley said:

Yeah... no. That's not what happened. A platform holder does not just delay a third party publisher's game without their permission, that would make them assholes.

I don't believe the direct had anything to do with the Switch version not being released now.

You are totally uninformed. You do know that the platform holders are responsible for updating their respective shops correct? Why would Nintendo be looked as assholes for being considerate of potentially lives loss? Im positive SE takes no offense. You are sounding like a whinny insensitive brat right now? When Japan has major natural disasters they always delay business.

You're making many assumptions. I don't care that the game is delayed, I was never going to buy it. I am not a "butt-hurt whiny insensitive brat". I'm simply arguing that the delay has nothing to do with the direct. No I am not totally uninformed, I am well aware that Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft are responsible for updating their store fronts.

Though after looking as it seems no Switch eshop update has occured this changes things. My argument was based on the regular update going ahead but games from the direct being pulled by Nintendo, which isn't the case.

Try not to read emotions from text that aren't there.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Xxain said:

You are totally uninformed. You do know that the platform holders are responsible for updating their respective shops correct? Why would Nintendo be looked as assholes for being considerate of potentially lives loss? Im positive SE takes no offense. You are sounding like a whinny insensitive brat right now? When Japan has major natural disasters they always delay business.

You're making many assumptions. I don't care that the game is delayed, I was never going to buy it. I am not a "butt-hurt whiny insensitive brat". I'm simply arguing that the delay has nothing to do with the direct. No I am not totally uninformed, I am well aware that Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft are responsible for updating their store fronts.

Though after looking as it seems no Switch eshop update has occured this changes things. My argument was based on the regular update going ahead but games from the direct being pulled by Nintendo, which isn't the case.

Funny you mention assumptions.

For the record, no one ever puts the energy to argue something they have no interest/emotional value in. You were butthurt/offended because you "assumed" SE was being shady with Switch version of Pocket Edition. 

Xxain said:
Barkley said:

For the record, no one ever puts the energy to argue something they have no interest/emotional value in. You were butthurt/offended because you "assumed" SE was being shady with Switch version of Pocket Edition. 

I have interest in logic. I.E Nintendo unticking a box so FFXV:PE is not included in the eshop update because the direct was delayed is illogical. As there wasn't an eshop update at all my point and argument is mute.

I'm neither butthurt nor offended, and for your records I would classify myself as a PlayStation fan, not a Switch fanboy as you might be thinking.

Also I never assumed SE were being shady, I assumed that FFXV:PE was not released on Switch because it wasn't ready.

Last edited by Barkley - on 07 September 2018

Barkley said:
Xxain said:

I have interest in logic. I.E Nintendo unticking a box so FFXV:PE is not included in the eshop update because the direct was delayed is illogical. As there wasn't an eshop update at all my point and argument is mute.

I'm neither butthurt nor offended, and for your records I would classify myself as a PlayStation fan, not a Switch fanboy as you might be thinking.

The issue is resolved so I dont want to drage this on, but read the your original post, specifically the first sentence. That definitely comes off as whiny. It want to be logical then ensure your opening statement logical.

Xxain said:
SammyGiireal said:

With the big difference being that FFX was actually a great game. 

So is XV. I dont feel like debating it though.  

Neither will I as I have been boycotting the series since XIII left me disappointed and 50 dollars poorer. I assume XV is good the Metacritic avg scores are usually spot on . I will reserve my judgement on FFXV being a return to mid 90s form or just merely good until I pick up a copy 

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
Xxain said:

Neither will I as I have been boycotting the series since XIII left me disappointed and 50 dollars poorer. I assume XV is good the Metacritic avg scores are usually spot on . I will reserve my judgement on FFXV being a return to mid 90s form or just merely good until I pick up a copy 

FF15 is a pretty radical design shift from previous entries, so it's difficult to compare it to entries from the 90s on most meaningful levels. Some won't like it simply because the series isn't what they originally fell in love with, but I found the new combat system in particular to be a lot of fun.

It's a very flawed game, but it does also make me optimistic for the series's future. FF15 has a very messy history behind it, and was ultimately finished by a team with little AAA experience. If it can go through all that and still be a good game, then i'm hopeful that its successor can be something great, and capitalise on the new players that FF15's success has brought in.

Isn't it an oxy-moron to have a "Pocket Edition" on platforms that can't be carried in your pocket?

SammyGiireal said:
Xxain said:

You should give it a try.  FF XV is a step up compared to FF XIII.  It's not prefect but its a good game, nevertheless.

OP,

Why buy this edition for the PS4 and Xbox One, when the better version of the game is available for a cheaper price?

Mandalore76 said:
Isn't it an oxy-moron to have a "Pocket Edition" on platforms that can't be carried in your pocket?

Giant pockets my man.

But it was funny, the other day at the airport I saw a guy sitting at one of the computer stations with a PS4 plugged in and he was playing Fortnite.

Bet he was happy to hear that the game came out for the Switch. (this was before E3)

Oh wait, nvm, he was playing on PS4. Can't transfer to Switch. Has to either start fresh or continue to lug his PS4 around when he travels.

I don't even understand why they would release the pocket version on PS4 and XB1. And it's 30? I can already buy the full version, new, for the same price or less. Look here is the Amazon listing.
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-PlayStation-4/dp/B00DBF829C?th=1