By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD (out PS4/XboxOne, later on Switch)

deskpro2k3 said:

I totally understand your dislike, I understand that people are turned away because it has MMORPG next to it, but before all of that it's a Final Fantasy game first, RPG second, and third an MMO.

I can't agree with this since mandatory plot-lines are Raid-enforced, therefore putting its MMO above being a Final Fantasy and a RPG. Nothing says more "online experience" than having to wait in queue to fight Ifrit.

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Forget about XV and play XIV instead. :)

Don't like MMOs.

On-topic: Seems kinda dumb to put the "Pocket Edition" on PS4/Xbox One. Who exactly would buy this?. FF die hards?, people with no sense and money to burn?.

I just bought it, it's 40% off atm for ps plus members. 

I guess for what its worth, this will be the first mainline Final Fantasy on a Nintendo system since the remakes of III and IV on DS and the first mainline Final Fantasy to release on a Nintendo platform as the latest entry for the console generation since VI on SNES (I know, its weirdly worded).

Maybe this particular edition will sell ok since its been a long-time since Nintendo got a mainline Final Fantasy game, but it could also just be in the back burner due to the obvious fact that the Pocket edition is a bit of a far cry of what Final Fantasy XV actually is.

Kai_Mao said:
I guess for what its worth, this will be the first mainline Final Fantasy on a Nintendo system since the remakes of III and IV on DS and the first mainline Final Fantasy to release on a Nintendo platform as the latest entry for the console generation since VI on SNES (I know, its weirdly worded).

Maybe this particular edition will sell ok since its been a long-time since Nintendo got a mainline Final Fantasy game, but it could also just be in the back burner due to the obvious fact that the Pocket edition is a bit of a far cry of what Final Fantasy XV actually is.

Who knows, I'm actually more interested in the pocket edition than the actual game because it's seems to be more streamlined and focused on the story, which might gives more coherence to it. After finishing it, I felt like there was one major flaw to the game that prevented me from enjoy it and that's the design of the game has no cohesion with story it tries to tell. Maybe that getting rid of the majority of side quests or some story elements that dosen't fit with the overall narrative will simplify the game.

Maybe, somewhere out there, there's other gamers like me who felts underwhelmed or burned by the original game and might want to give a more simplified version a second chance.

Who knows.

Guys.....Yikes.
I already told Moren this, but no one should be substituting the pocket edition for the actual product.

Around the Network

I think I'll pass. I hear the game itself is quite mediocre so a mediocre version of an already mediocre game doesn't sound too exciting. Yeah FF back on nintendo is cool but I haven't even felt compelled to try the full version. Maybe if I can get it for like $5 but even then seems unlikely.

think-man said:
Spike0503 said:

Don't like MMOs.

On-topic: Seems kinda dumb to put the "Pocket Edition" on PS4/Xbox One. Who exactly would buy this?. FF die hards?, people with no sense and money to burn?.

Cool. Did you like XV that much or are you just a huge FF fan?. I wouldn't buy it if I already owned XV.

Spike0503 said:
think-man said:

Cool. Did you like XV that much or are you just a huge FF fan?. I wouldn't buy it if I already owned XV.

Just a fan of gaming ;P

think-man said:
Spike0503 said:

Just a fan of gaming ;P

Fair enough!. I hope you enjoy it.

Wright said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I totally understand your dislike, I understand that people are turned away because it has MMORPG next to it, but before all of that it's a Final Fantasy game first, RPG second, and third an MMO.

I can't agree with this since mandatory plot-lines are Raid-enforced, therefore putting its MMO above being a Final Fantasy and a RPG. Nothing says more "online experience" than having to wait in queue to fight Ifrit.

If you really want to go solo the "level up to lv60 potion" is a thing. You can solo all the level 50 and below content provided you're high enough level, and don't like the grind. Just giving out option. didn't mean to derail!

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 10 September 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5