By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 is the BOTW Sequel You Wanted

Bandorr said:
Hiku said:

Someone said that Monster Hunter was a Breath of the Wild clone the other day here on these forums.
And now I hear that DQ11 is a spiritual sequel to BOTW.

Is this an elaborate gag/meme to compare everything to BOTW?
This is a turn based rpg that loads up a battle sequence when you encounter enemies, and you fight by selecting commands. I don't see the resemblance.

That "someone" is the same person that created this thread. They also made another really strange comparison..

Oh right God of war (2018) and Chrono trigger.

Also the same person who thinks anything under 85 metascore is not worth playing.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Uprising of stupid comparison threads lately.

What the fuck?

There’s nothing similar between both.
DQ XI is similar to the older games in the series, and DQ VIII especially. It doesn’t borrow anything from BOTW.

You’re seeing things that aren’t there. Or this is just you making another lame attention-seeking click-bait thread.

Can we stop comparing games that are almost nothing alike?

Why do you have this weird obsession with trying to compare dissimilar games to one another?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

How is a turnbased RPG similar to BotW?

Yeah, no. You you gotta take that back. I don't want that thing anywhere near the masterpiece that DQ11 is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.