By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Ultimate Predict 1 Unique Newcomer and 1 Echo Fighter for tomorrow Direct!

Hiku said:
MasonADC said:

Difference is that we saw Waluigi be an assist trophy in Ultimate. Mac was assist trophy in Brawl and character in Smash 4 

Right, but this could be changed before launch. And I don't think anyone would be shocked if it was a Sakurai troll and we see his Assist Trophy transform into a real character in the last trailer.  Especially when Sakurai's team seem very aware of popular fan requests.
I just find it surprising that Wario's counterpart isn't in the game by now.

It be sakurai biggest troll move because it be so unexpected. Its possible

Around the Network
Hiku said:
MasonADC said:

Difference is that we saw Waluigi be an assist trophy in Ultimate. Mac was assist trophy in Brawl and character in Smash 4 

Right, but this could be changed before launch. And I don't think anyone would be shocked if it was a Sakurai troll and we see his Assist Trophy transform into a real character in the last trailer.  Especially when Sakurai's team seem very aware of popular fan requests.
I just find it surprising that Wario's counterpart isn't in the game by now.

Literally no chance of happening lol

I don't think they will, but if they do, I think they'll announce either multiple echos and no new fighter or a new fighter and no new echos. Possible new echos: Dixie, Shadow, Octolings. Possible new characters: Geno, Crash, Banjo Kazooie

If there is 1 new and 1 echo, I think it'll either be a new character and the echo of that character like they did with Simon and Richter, or an echo of someone in the same series. So like Dr. Robotnik and Shadow (Sonic Echo), or Akuma and Ken (Ryu Echo). If Dixie is a new character instead of an echo, expect Funky as a Donkey Kong echo in the same trailer.

Hiku said:
MasonADC said:

Literally no chance of happening lol

Let's not misuse terms like 'literally'.
You can say you think it's very unlikely. And I'd agree. But the only way there's literally no chance of that happening is if something in Smash's code prevents Waluigi from being implemented. Like how Ice Climbers wouldn't function on the 3DS.

Literally no chance of happening because we know he is an assist. Sakurai is not gonna pull something like that. He is confirmed as an assist trophy and will stay like that. 

Hiku said:
MasonADC said:

Literally no chance of happening because we know he is an assist. Sakurai is not gonna pull something like that. He is confirmed as an assist trophy and will stay like that. 

It's nice to get insight from someone working on the development team.
I'll just keep your definition of 'literally' in mind for future discussions.

You are taking Sakurai for someone he is not. Waluigi is LITERALLY an assist trophy. 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Hiku said:

It's nice to get insight from someone working on the development team.
I'll just keep your definition of 'literally' in mind for future discussions.

You are taking Sakurai for someone he is not. Waluigi is LITERALLY an assist trophy. 

Intill.... He is revealed to be a character throwing everybody off! Impossible i know but possible!!!

I should make a bold PREDICTION of this lmao

So I just noticed that in North America, the Octoling amiibo 3 pack for Splatoon 2, that's supposed to be for a DLC that released like 6 months before, is releasing on December 7th. As in, the Smash Ultimate release date. Could they be trying to save money on printing the figures by also running a very similar Octoling Smash figure for release on the same date? Fighter 64E Octoling confirmed?

Hiku said:
MasonADC said:

I said "I think it's very unlikely".
I don't however need to hear from a random person that improbable means impossible. It does not.
Other people seem to understand that simple concept.

If we go by your horrible logic, nothing is impossible. I might as well not believe Ridley is in the game until the full game is out

Jibanyan and Shadow/Dixie.