By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Streaming PC games to Consoles could be a thing

As the gaming industry matures in Digital and Streaming services and devices. Its a part of gaming which will only get bigger and better over time. Weather you like Streaming or are no fan of it, rumours have it that Streaming PC games to Consoles might be a possibility for the main market. We have seen Streaming services from Consoles to PC with PSNow but now there seems to be an interest in reserving the roll and allowing the opposite to happen as well. 

Rainway a recent Streaming service is focusing on bringing an App to XB1 which will allow gamers to Stream there PC games to there XB1 platforms.

---

To clear up any confusion, our beta launch of January 20th covers web, followed shortly by mobile platforms. The purpose of our beta is to optimize our device agnostic streaming tech so it can be easily integrated on all platforms.

We have no release dates for any game console.

---

So far XB1 and Mobile are there top priority for now, and this service could possibly come to Switch and PS4/PS5 in the near future once they nail down the tech.

---

And you shall, Xbox One is our top priority after mobile.

---

https://www.windowscentral.com/rainway-lets-you-play-games-anywhere-pc-xbox-one-streaming

Around the Network

Streaming from one platform to another is always going to be tricky, for a multitude of reasons. I don't see platform holders allowing this kind of functionality, instead of just buying the game itself on their own platform. They don't like that kind of competition.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This has been done before.

See: Steam Box, PSP, PS Vita, even the Wii U did this in a way. Playstation Now kinda does this too, along with all of those other game streaming services.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 05 September 2018

Darwinianevolution said:
Streaming from one platform to another is always going to be tricky, for a multitude of reasons. I don't see platform holders allowing this kind of functionality, instead of just buying the game itself on their own platform. They don't like that kind of competition.

That and with this whole streaming gig, it's obviously going to require it's own power to run said games, unless this service is going to oeprate like Nvidia, where they run everything from some top end machines, and you paying a chunky sub fee to run said games.

I just don't find this practical tbh, especially for said games that run better with K+M.

Also we already have Steam Link anyway, with Steam being the main client with the most games out there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Darwinianevolution said:

It will be interesting in seeing who will GreenLight the PC Streaming App. It seems MS might allow the use of Streaming PC games to X1 since that seems to be RainWay's priority.

I can see the benefit in allowing PC exclusives to cross over to consoles, games from Blizzard as an example plus with Keyboard and Mouse support it brings more options to the systems.

The bad i see is what you mentioned about customers not buying from there own store, unless the console maker earns royalties from the App. 

It does bring games that are not on consoles to consoles aslong as the customers have a Keyboard and Mouse at hand. In that case i dont see any issues with that. Its not for me as ill always play my PC games on my PCs.

Around the Network

Cool. I use HDMI for that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.