By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Uncertainty In School Shooting Numbers

sundin13 said:
o_O.Q said:

i could argue that its just as reductive to try to argue that increasing the size of government for one purpose won't end up with resources being dedicated to peripheral agendas to your own

especially considering the context - the us where it is fact that the government has been taking resources from citizens to start wars and fund wars both internationally and domestically with examples like the war on drugs popping to mind

...If you believe you could make that argument, then go for it. By all means. I'll be here.

PS: The War on Drugs wasn't actually a war...

the war on drugs since its inception has been a war waged on the american people by their government

with the purpose of enslaving a massive portion of the population in prison

and draining the population of tax dollars through something as ridiculous as denying access to substances such as marijuana that are less dangerous than legal substances like alcohol

and lets not forget that it was the government bringing the drugs in to begin with

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
sundin13 said:

...If you believe you could make that argument, then go for it. By all means. I'll be here.

PS: The War on Drugs wasn't actually a war...

the war on drugs since its inception has been a war waged on the american people by their government

with the purpose of enslaving a massive portion of the population in prison

and draining the population of tax dollars through something as ridiculous as denying access to substances such as marijuana that are less dangerous than legal substances like alcohol

and lets not forget that it was the government bringing the drugs in to begin with

Still not an actual war.

crissindahouse said:
Nighthawk117 said:

If you truly want to be safe, then protect yourself...Don't rely on the government to save your ass.  Be self reliant.  Don't trust strangers,  didn't your parents teach you that concept when you were young?

I still wonder how people in USA with all that awesome self protection with own guns believe that this self protection system works so well while having homicide numbers comparable with the Third World.

You really need to look at the data on homicide rates. The average homicide rate in the "third world" is to the U.S as the U.S is to the average in the first world (4-5 times greater.) Canada (1.68 per 100,000) and the U.S (5.35 per 100,000) have closer homicide rates than the U.S does to Brazil (29.53 per 100,000.)

If you compare the states which border (or are close to) Canada, to Canada the difference becomes less pronounced. 

New Hampshire (1.3 per 100,000),  Maine (1.5 per 100,000), Minnesota (1.8 per 100,000), Massachusetts (2.0 per 100,000), Connecticut (2.0 per 100,000), North Dakota (2.0 per 100,000), Vermont (2.2 per 100,000), Washington (2.7 per 100,000), etc. 

Do you think exaggeration helps form a productive discussion, or are you intentionally trying to be misleading?