By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg: "Our Userbase Is Made Up Of More Hardcore Gamers"

Azuren said:
DialgaMarine said:
I get that he’s basically Xbox’s Twitter hype man, but he says a lot of really dumb stuff that is either useless info to try and make Xbox look better, or just makes outright ridiculous claims. This of course falls into the latter.

To be fair, it's not like MS has a monopoly on saying dumb stuff on Twitter. That seems to be par for the course.

Twitter is a platform for saying dumb stuff =p

Jigsawx1 said:
DonFerrari said:

You can see what he means if you look at the userbase at cod ww2 the xbox is having a 50% hardware base but the players numbers are 75% of what the ps4 is having and we have the same in bf1 or star wars bf 2, if you see that the xbox - ALL FPS. Unless you want to compare attach ratio among platforms of exclusives, which makes 0 sense since they will be 0 for the ones where it doesn't release. But please show me how those games aren't shooters.

Look at VGC numbers, how much the sales have dropped from FM5 to 6 and 7. That is the evidence we have. If you have anything proving the opposite please present.

Nope, not failing at posts.

vgc gives us only (cumulative) retail numbers, for example forza 6 had 3 million players ( 10 month after launch) when vgc was tracking it at ~ 1.4 million without pc or gamepass or any free weekend software numbers here are not representive and you know that.

And yeah most hardcore gamers are playing mmorpg, fps, racing or rts and  rpg where the xbox is having a great community

People playing trial, loaned, etc doesn't count as sales. Still the userbase between FM5 and FM7 at time of launch is of very different magnitude, yet sales are lot lower. And unless you can prove it SOLD more with source then we have to accept what current sources show to us.

Xbox having a great community doesn't show it having the most hardcore players by any means. Greenberg didn't provide any source or data for this claim. Unless you consider his friendlist on Xbox a demonstration that Xbox have more than the other systems where he doesn't have friendlist.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Shit I better step up my game on PS4 and Switch then to catch up.

- double post -

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Jigsawx1 said:
You can see what he means if you look at the userbase at cod ww2 the xbox is having a 50% hardware base but the players numbers are 75% of what the ps4 is having and we have the same in bf1 or star wars bf 2, if you see that the xbox also is having a big console exclusive online community with GoW 4, Halo 5, PuBG and forza motorsport or forza horizon i can only say i know what he mean.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/01/call-of-duty-wwii-player-count/

PS4 was 12m+ and Xb1 7.8m+.....  back in jan 2018.
Thats put the XB1 at ~65% of the PS4's player count.

Id argue the reason the XB1 is higher pr box, might be because XB users play more multiplats (shooters),
while PS4 owners arnt as focused on that genre.

If you are a 15 year old, jobless .. PS4 is a great console for you, unique adventure games, exclusive to PS4 are really great. However, if you like shooters like HALO and semi-arcade car sims like Forza.... XBOX is no brainier.

Now that being said, who is Hard Core gamer? I presume it's a person who play games a lot. 30-40 yr olds like me ... we can't be Hard Core gamers cause we have a LIFE.

I can't spend many hours playing games like Last of Us, Last Guardian.. sorry I can't.... but I certainly do enjoy games like HALO, Forza, Gears of War etc..

PS4 = Hard Core gaming community

Around the Network
Wizav said:
If you are a 15 year old, jobless .. PS4 is a great console for you, unique adventure games, exclusive to PS4 are really great. However, if you like shooters like HALO and semi-arcade car sims like Forza.... XBOX is no brainier.

Now that being said, who is Hard Core gamer? I presume it's a person who play games a lot. 30-40 yr olds like me ... we can't be Hard Core gamers cause we have a LIFE.

I can't spend many hours playing games like Last of Us, Last Guardian.. sorry I can't.... but I certainly do enjoy games like HALO, Forza, Gears of War etc..

PS4 = Hard Core gaming community

Say what?.

How does age define you being a hardcore gamer and how is it that PS4= Hardcore gaming community, when it's clear that multiple platforms have their own hardcore gaming communities?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

A way to gauge this would be to compare the total number of Platinum trophies earned on PS4 compared to the number of games fully “achieved” on XBO.

Hardcores max these things out.

Another great week for lucky Greenberg with his 90k aristocratic gamers instead of those 200k filthy peasants PS4 and NS get each. Guess Sony and Ninty even have to wash them to avoid they get stuck to buttons

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

barneystinson69 said:
Wtf did I read?

An IQ diminisher.