By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the Switch version really underperform in sales for Wolfenstien 2?

Well, that all depends on what were the expectations for the port. It got mixed reviews when it originally released, came out considerably later than the other versions, and with serious performance disparities, they can't just expect for the same numbers as the other versions. I guess they made just enough for them to be happy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Well 1st, it’s a very late port and it also released in a very saturated time for third party on the Switch. (Fortnite, Paladins, Minecraft physical, Ys VIII, Crash Bandicoot, Shining Resonance and Octopath Traveler)

Those all released within one month of each other.

Even then, XB1 first week was under 90k and PS4 was a little over 200k

Comparing first weeks, it did pretty well. I do doubt it’ll have legs, but I’m hoping it at least makes it to 200k.

Last edited by Paatar - on 23 August 2018

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I wouldn't really go by the Switch sales from VGC numbers. But either way I'm sure the sales were satisfactory since Bethesda is going in with even more titles for the Switch like Wolf Blood and Doom 2.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The most fair thing is to make a comparison of the first two weeks of each version. In that sense, the version of Switch = 46k, PS4 = 287 k, Xbox one = 126K.

Most of the time, the PS4 and XBOX ONE versions have been priced at 20/30 dollars. It will be interesting to see if Bethesda does the same with the Switch version, since neither the Doom and Skyrim Switch versions have had significant price reductions in the retailers.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

I get the impression the game underperformed in general, it went on sale really fast on PS4

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
melbye said:
I get the impression the game underperformed in general, it went on sale really fast on PS4

It would help if Switch also got its price cut too though 

It won't, though. Neither Doom and Skyrim (freaking Skyrim) have gone down a single dollar since release, digital sales nonwithstanding.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well,during the AMA of Panic Button on Reddit when asked about the sales of Doom and Wolfenstein,they said to be satisfied with the sales of both. So I do think it meet their expectations.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

The sales for the game on all platforms is probably much lower than Bethesda was hoping for. It came out around the same time as a lot of other big name titles and to some extent got lost in there....

melbye said:

Both the regular and collectors edition went on sale rather quickly, but the collectors edition really got it's price slashed for PS4/XBO. At least at Best Buy. It was only $10 more than the regular version when I saw a small stack of them last February. Such a good deal I bought one for myself and another as a gift. It was around a 60-65% reduction from it's launch price.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."