By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night delayed to 2019, PS Vita version cancelled

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been delayed from its previously planned “first half of 2018” release window to 2019, and the PS Vita version is no longer in development, publisher 505 Games announced. It will now only be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Find messages from Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night director Koji Igarashi and 505 Games global brand manager Robert Piraino below.

Koji Igarashi, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Director

Hi everyone, IGA here.

There are two important announcements we would like to make in this month’s update.

Our first announcement is that the game will now launch in 2019. The most important reason for this is to raise the quality level, especially after all the very valuable feedback from the Beta Backer Demo.

The second announcement is that the game will no longer launch on PlayStation Vita. This decision is largely due to Sony’s plans to discontinue the Vita console, ending production of physical copies and stopping certain online store support features.

It is extremely unfortunate, but as a result, we won’t be releasing the game on Vita. For the backers who have ordered the PS Vita version of the game, you will be able to choose another platform or request a refund.

This process should be expected through an email that will be sent by Fangamer. It may be troublesome, but please be sure to respond and make the changes. [Note: Vita backers will be receiving an e-mail with additional instructions soon. Vita backers who would like to change platforms can do so now on their survey pages. Vita backers who backed at an unlimited tier and can receive a refund over PayPal can submit a request before 9/20/18 to initiate a manual refund of the affected games.]

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment, but rest assured we are working harder than ever to deliver the game we all made happen together, please bear with us for a little longer and I thank you for your continued support.

Robert Piraino, 505 Games Global Brand Manager

Hey everyone, we’re sorry to make you wait a little longer for Bloodstained, but you can trust that this really is in the best interest of the game – and our players. We assure you we’re using the extra time to make Bloodstained even better, based on your input.

Being a huge PlayStation & Sony fan myself, I also know cancelling the Vita version of the game may be disappointing to some of you, but with Sony’s plans to discontinue the console and physical production of games, removing Vita titles from PS+ lineups etc., it was an unfortunate but necessary decision to make. We really hope you’ll continue to support us on one of the other platforms available.

If you have any concerns about these updates, please come talk to me and our great Sr. Community Manager, Jason Ryan, on Discord, Facebook, Twitter or our forums: We’re always happy to discuss and answer your questions.

Thank you again to everyone who continues to support us with your feedack and passion for Bloodstained. Stay tuned for more announcements as development progresses!

Source 1 and 2

Last edited by Shikamo - on 20 August 2018

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

First the Wii U, now Vita.

RIP

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I knew this game would be delayed to next year.

No Vita version? Well at least this site has another 50 Vita articles a month they can write now.

Do not rush art. Game looks like it's gonna be good, hope to get my hands on it once it arrives!

I feel really bad for the people who backed this project. It doesn't seem even close to coming out. 2019 seems like a big ''maybe'' at this point.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

As long as it doesn't turn into a Mighty No 9 situation where the game sucks.

cycycychris said:
Vita version being canceled should have been obvious to everyone at this point. But sad to see this getting another delay, hopefully no more delays after this, but release when its ready... A new xbox and playstation might be releasing next year so they're running out of time to reach a large market.

It's not like all people immediately abandon their old console after new hardware releases.