By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - In Stunning Admission, Dorsey Acknowledges Twitter's "Left-Leaning" Bias

I don't know how people can stomach Twitter anyway.

I decided to take a long hiatus from that website because the outright fearmongering, name calling, hysteria, and utter stupidity was actually starting to affect my brain and my sanity. The toxicity levels on there are other worldly. It reminds me of the worst corners of hardcore gaming forum nerds calling eachother names over preferred video game consoles, but on a mass scale, and suddenly people of all ages, creeds, gender, etc, are acting like immature children. It's truly surreal, and a bit scary. I don't necessarily blame this on the left, though I definitely see this behavior more from that side of the aisle.

I wouldn't be surprised if this platform goes the way of Myspace in the near future. It's an absolutely toxic social forum with a pretty archaic and convoluted system of threads and dumb "hashtags" format.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

They have the right to be left leaning, just don’t claim that Twitter is an open and fair platform. Be upfront about how they are left-leaning and align themselves with the democrats. Also, I don’t think all the employees reveal their true affiliation. I’m sure plenty of them lean right or centre but to avoid getting fired or similar they just say that they lean left.

Isn’t that a good thing? It means he’s employing intelligent and thoughtful people instead of narrow minded and disturbed ones.

Errorist76 said:
Isn’t that a good thing? It means he’s employing intelligent and thoughtful people instead of narrow minded and disturbed ones.

That's exactly what they said in USSR. And Venezuela. Cuba. Cambodia. China. 3rd Reich.

I think it's a good thing they don't pretend that they are impartial. Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the very forefront of the contemporary political and ideological conflict.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Fronthole people, fronthole. That is the "levelheaded" left are now, these are the people that decides what is and what is not acceptable on Twitter

Around the Network

“Leaning” lmao... oh they are bent over.

LurkerJ said:

In Stunning Admission, Jack Dorsey Acknowledges Twitter's "Left-Leaning" Bias

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey admitted to CNN's Brian Stelter on Saturday what has been obvious for some time; Twitter employees have "more left-leaning" bias. And while that's not exactly a shocker, Dorsey waxed eloquent about the company's responsibilities, suggesting they operate in a neutral manner and not "according to political ideology or viewpoints."

"We need to constantly show that we are not adding our own bias, which I fully admit is...is more left-leaning," said Dorsey.

View on YouTube

And recall in July 2016 that gay conservative Milo Yiannapoulos was permanently banned from Twitter for calling Ghost Busters reboot star Leslie Jones "barely literate," and tweeting "If at first you don't succeed (because your work is terrible), play the victim."

Jones complained, and *poof* - Milo was banished forever from the platform. Ghostbusters, meanwhile, lost $70 million and has a user-review score of 26% on Metacritic.

Peter Fonda, meanwhile, suggested in June that Barron Trump, the 12-year-old son of the President, be placed "in a cage with pedophiles" during a national conversation about separating migrant children from their families (which Obama did, a lot). Fonda got to issue a "just kidding, sorry" apology while keeping his (verified) account.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-19/shocking-admission-jack-dorsey-admits-twitters-left-leaning-bias

[edit:  Deleted objection to thread title that in retrospect was overly nitpicky.]

Milo Yiannopolis made a career out of throwing rhetorical hand grenades.  He was literally a professional provocateur.  I will agree that Twitter claiming to have banned him for any one specific hand grenade is more or less bullshit.  But the bottom line is that any act of contrition on his part was a completely transparent lie and he was 100% guaranteed to keep acting badly.  Maybe Peter Fonda is cut from the same cloth and therefore equally deserving of a ban—I don't know anything about the guy—but if not that makes the different decisions justified to me.  If Fonda says something just as bad two months later, and again after that, then he can be banned too. 

Last edited by Final-Fan - on 24 August 2018

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!