By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2018: The New England Patriots win Super Bowl LIII

Who Will Win Super Bowl LIII?

Saints 5 21.74%

Chiefs 2 8.70%

Rams 3 13.04%

Patriots 9 39.13%

Cowboys 2 8.70%

Chargers 1 4.35%

Eagles 1 4.35%

Colts 0 0%

Total:23
LAC@KC 2
HOU@NYJ 1 CLE@DEN 2 ARI@ATL 2
OAK@CIN 2 MIA@MIN 2 DAL@IND 1
TB@BAL 2
DET@BUF 2 GB@CHI 2
WAS@JAX 2 TEN@NYG 2
SEA@SF 1 NE@PIT 1
PHI@LAR 2 NO@CAR 1 by 12

Around the Network
LAC@KC 2 HOU@NYJ
CLE@DEN 1 ARI@ATL 2
OAK@CIN 2 MIA@MIN 1 DAL@IND 2 TB@BAL 2
DET@BUF 1 GB@CHI 2 WAS@JAX 2 TEN@NYG 2
SEA@SF 1 NE@PIT 1
PHI@LAR 2 NO@CAR 1 by 10

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

RolStoppable said:

Great job, Lions. You couldn't beat a team with a poor offense that was additionally without its RB1 and RB2. This brings my season tally for changed picks to 0-4-1, because I stuck with the Giants despite changing to the Titans during the draft of today's earlier post. This season keeps getting worse for me.

Aaron Rodgers' interception-free streak came to an end on a deflected pass targeted at Jimmy Graham who couldn't bring in the catch, so the NFL record stands at 402 attempts now. Said interception also buried the playoff chances of the Packers, because otherwise they would have made it a one score game with a good three minutes and three timeouts left to go. But the Vikings won their game, so even a Packers win wouldn't have helped much as the Vikings would have had to lose their last two games, including one against the Lions who can't even beat a team without an offense. Gosh, do the Lions suck.

Well the Lions mailed it in when they got rid of Golden Tate which didn't help the Eagles either both teams will end up with a bad season.

Metallox said:
Why did you have to become good once you moved out of San Diego, San Diego?

It's not like the Chargers where terrible when they left San Diego they where 5-11 and trending upward.   The last time they where actually terrible was during the 2000 season when they where 1-15. 

Not every week that SEA and NE lose to SF and PIT at the same time. Pretty good week, and 2 picks that I am glad to get wrong. I suppose PITs desire for a playoff spot is stronger than NEs desire for a bye.

Around the Network

Christ sake's this Patriots team is absolutely pathetic. Awful play calling, 104 yards in penalties, horrific pass protection, receivers dropping like ten different passes, and Brady just deciding that throwing catchable balls wasn't necessary on the final drive. Defense fucking decided to not play last week only for the offense to do the same thing this week. As soon as this team has to play on the road in the playoffs they're done.

Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:

Great job, Lions. You couldn't beat a team with a poor offense that was additionally without its RB1 and RB2. This brings my season tally for changed picks to 0-4-1, because I stuck with the Giants despite changing to the Titans during the draft of today's earlier post. This season keeps getting worse for me.

Aaron Rodgers' interception-free streak came to an end on a deflected pass targeted at Jimmy Graham who couldn't bring in the catch, so the NFL record stands at 402 attempts now. Said interception also buried the playoff chances of the Packers, because otherwise they would have made it a one score game with a good three minutes and three timeouts left to go. But the Vikings won their game, so even a Packers win wouldn't have helped much as the Vikings would have had to lose their last two games, including one against the Lions who can't even beat a team without an offense. Gosh, do the Lions suck.

Well the Lions mailed it in when they got rid of Golden Tate which didn't help the Eagles either both teams will end up with a bad season.

As a Lions fan I don't think they mailed it in with the Tate trade. Don't get me wrong, Tate was a consistent performer and a legit No 1 receiver on a week to week basis BUT they had an emerging Kenny Golladay (dude's a beast) and Marvin Jones on the outside. I think they felt that TJ Jones would perform better than he has as a WR3 so they let Tate go early and at least got something from it. Unfortunately, not only has TJ Jones been a huge disappointment but they lost Marvin Jones to injury and then they lost Kerryon who was having a great rookie year on the ground. So instead of going from 4 big offensive threats to 3 and 1 competent one they went from 4 big threats to 1 and a bunch of scrubs (except maybe Theo Riddick). Also their O Line has been shit since Lang went down so Stafford gets half a second before he's smashed into the dirt. There was seriously like 5 plays where a Bills defender was in the backfield before Stafford could even hand off the ball for a running play!

Rant over lol

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Well finals are over. Unfortunately for me, my suffering does not end as this weekend was terrible to me in both NFL, fantasy football, and predictions. Hopefully I haven't failed my stats class and increased my suffering.

With that said this week was too depressing to remember so I'm skipping the results. Onto the overall standings.

# -Username- Correct Wrong Pct. PP #1-3 #1 #2 #3 PR PW
1 Level1Death 143 81 0.638 28 14 2 7 5 1 0
2 TheGoldenBoy 143 81 0.638 25 12 3 4 5 0 0
3 cycycychris 142 82 0.634 25 15 1 7 7 0 0
4 burninmylight 140 84 0.625 27 13 3 4 6 1 0
5 MTZehvor 139 85 0.621 28 11 4 4 3 1 0
6 RolStoppable 138 86 0.616 27 13 1 6 6 5 0
7 XD84 132 92 0.589 19 9 2 2 5 2 0
8 Chris Hu 131 93 0.585 20 10 2 4 4 0 0
9 BlowoverKing 131 93 0.585 18 10 2 2 6 0 0
10 Angelus 129 95 0.576 17 10 1 4 5 0 0
11 Carl 126 98 0.563 17 8 1 5 2 1 0
12 Farsala 126 98 0.563 22 10 2 5 3 1 0
13 NobleTeam360 116 108 0.494 14 7 1 3 4 0 0

Not too much has changed in the past two week (last time I posted an update). It's going to be a tight race towards the end; the Top 6 is all within 5 games. Those at the bottom end of that (read: burninmylight, Rol, and myself) probably start need to picking some upsets if we want to make a serious run at winning this thing. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) this week presents a number of games that could go either way.

WAS@TEN
BAL@LAC
TB@DAL
MIN@DET
ATL@CAR
HOU@PHI
NYG@IND
CIN@CLE
BUF@NE
GB@NYJ
JAX@MIA
CHI@SF
LAR@ARI
PIT@NO
KC@SEA
DEN@OAK

The first two games of the week take place on Saturday. There are no Thursday games this week.

Good luck this week, and remember, fuck the Jets.

WAS@TEN 2
BAL@LAC 2
TB@DAL 2
MIN@DET 1
ATL@CAR 2
HOU@PHI 2
NYG@IND 2
CIN@CLE 2
BUF@NE 2
GB@NYJ 1
JAX@MIA 1
CHI@SF 1