By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2018 NPD: Switch #1, Octopath Traveller #1 software, UPDATE

Soundwave said:

PS4 drop shows how important the Pro model (shortages) are to the PS4.

The Pro and X models are what are keeping the PS4 and XBox sales high.

Nintendo would be well advised to have a Switch Pro ready for 2020 so that they can get a similar hardware boost and prevent against the usual year 4/5/6 drop off.

Hardware refreshes are here to stay. 

Well since Nintendo is the one which truly succeeded in hardware refresh (since Game Boy Color), indeed there is no reason they wouldn't make a new Switch during its lifecycle.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

PS4 drop shows how important the Pro model (shortages) are to the PS4.

The Pro and X models are what are keeping the PS4 and XBox sales high.

Nintendo would be well advised to have a Switch Pro ready for 2020 so that they can get a similar hardware boost and prevent against the usual year 4/5/6 drop off.

Hardware refreshes are here to stay. 

Are you Ultra Magnus on resetera? Both Transformer references and pretty similar posts going on.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

SpokenTruth said:
Train wreck said:

The Xbox one and 3DS are on their way out as well, why single out the PS4?  Do a better job of articulating your praise of the Switch and your disdain of Sony in general.  Your post's resemble Goodnightmoon almost one for one.

OTBWy didn't single out PS4, DaveTheMinion13 did.  Now you sound just as defensive as he did.

So yeah, the Switch is starting to show strength in sales, even with less interesting software than the year before, all the while the PS4 has to with certain releases to keep up.

Switch is killing it.

Seems like a single out to me.  That ridiculous statement started it all.  Seeing how you are defending it, it makes you look more so.  I'm sure when its all said and done, the PS4 drop will have nothing to do with software but with the PS4 Pro not being available.  But OTBWY, as usual, can't help himself to take a jab at Sony for something that is not remotely the issue, sorta like his nonsense 700 million Nintendo consoles sold thread.

Congrats to Nintendo and the Switch.

Also god damn, Octopath hope that sends Square the message that we want more turn base RPG's.

Train wreck said:
OTBWY said:

If you would think for a second, and not have a defensive reaction, you would understand that A: the PS4 is on its way out and B: there will be a point where the switch will pass and stay above consistently while the gap will widen each month. That will happen. If not now, then in the very near future.

The Xbox one and 3DS are on their way out as well, why single out the PS4?  Do a better job of articulating your praise of the Switch and your disdain of Sony in general.  Your post's resemble Goodnightmoon almost one for one.

Correction.

I find it funny at how people like you immediately get a defensive reaction without thinking logically and clearly. These are two systems competing. One was first last time, and the Switch is first this time. Either one is either first or second. Hence the comparison of these two competing consoles. I do the same when it comes to media create sales threads, because as much as you don't believe it, these two systems are right now the closest competitors. Not the Xbox, not the 3DS. You guys should chill out.

"But OTBWY, as usual, can't help himself to take a jab at Sony for something that is not remotely the issue, sorta like his nonsense 700 million Nintendo consoles sold thread."

You make it sound like it came out of thin air. Did you even take the time to check the source of that thread? Should I link it to you?

Anyway, stopping the derailing of thread. Octopath is a big surprise. I never thought it would do this great this fast. I love the game so i'm happy. The PS4 has plenty life left in it and will definitely stay above Xbox. I get the feeling a price cut will come soon enough again, just in time for the holidays. The 3DS is still kicking somehow, it should have been phased out already but eh, if it sells it sells.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 17 August 2018

Around the Network

Congrats to Nintendo and Octopath Traveler!!

tbone51 said:
Falling off a cliff ;)

I think its the cliff that is falling not the switch.... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Amazing what happens when you actually release a high quality new exclusive. (For the first time since 2017)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 August 2018

Great to see Octopath is selling so well.

Wyrdness said:
Octopath has an immense impact I guess Bravely Third and Octopath 2 are definitely on the cards now.

Pls @Square-Enix   

Congrats to Switch 

Shadow1980 said:

Chart time!

More charts to come.

Thanks for the charts! I have a request though.

Could you tell me what the launches aligned sales for NSW, PS4, XBO, Wii U & 3DS after 17 months are? I know the Nov vs March launch periods make a direct comparison a little flawed but im still interested.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.