By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2018 NPD: Switch #1, Octopath Traveller #1 software, UPDATE

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

its not a excuse, switch main selling feature is its portablity. 

No. It's main selling point is its versatility. Unless you have any proof to back up your claims?

just about every nintendo handheld has sold great, what more proof do you need? sure versatility is helping it sell better but there is no reason to believe  a nintedo mainline handheld was gonna fail since they have always sold great.

Around the Network

Only gaming enthusiast care about power. The market cares about how hype the product is, the games and the features.
If people cared about the power then the results of every gen up until this one would be different.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

No. It's main selling point is its versatility. Unless you have any proof to back up your claims?

just about every nintendo handheld has sold great, what more proof do you need? sure versatility is helping it sell better but there is no reason to believe  a nintedo mainline handheld was gonna fail since they have always sold great.

Yet again, it's not a handheld.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Only gaming enthusiast care about power. The market cares about how hype the product is, the games and the features.
If people cared about the power then the results of every gen up until this one would be different.

you are comparing apples to oranges, if people didn't care about power they wouldn't even upgrade there consoles. just compare ps4 to xbox, xbox was the stronger brand with similar games, and ps4 was outselling it the whole gen, i would bet anything if specs were reversed ps4 would be losing in the US by a big margin.

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

dude it's handheld device, this is a fact, just because it can become a console, doesn't mean it's also not a handheld.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

dude it's handheld device, this is a fact, just because it can become a console, doesn't mean it's also not a handheld.

No, it's a HYBRID. h-y-b-r-i-d. That's a fact!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

its a fact, just as switch is a handheld  device is also a fact. 

quickrick said:
curl-6 said:

It isn't though, hasn't been for nearly a year now.

im talking about base consoles, the upgraded are a small percantage of sales.

peachbuggy said:

Not for the last 4 weeks have these mystical "People" preferred the PS4. Your comments are anecdotal at the very best, although i doubt there's even that much evidence.

switch is mainly a handheld and even then it will never do close to ps4 total sales.  people prefer ps4 WW this is a fact so far. if switch outsells ps4tthis year then you can talk.

Thought you would have learnt not to say stuff like this.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

its a fact, just as switch is a handheld  device is also a fact. 

In that case, it being a home console is always a fact. You can't have it both ways.

On track to selling 8 million!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.