By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2018 NPD: Switch #1, Octopath Traveller #1 software, UPDATE

LipeJJ said:
Replicant said:

Good point. When a console launches in Q1 that year is of course its first.

I don't know as much about the handhelds. I guess time will tell whether Switch peaks early or late(r).

The way I see it Switch should peak next year (year 3) if Nintendo releases the games that are supposed to come out (mainline Pokémon alone should be worth 2 megahits combined like Zelda and Mario).

It could also get a price cut and/or revision.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Octopath did REALLY well!Its number 1 at the overall charts and thats without digital sales.US sales probably are around the 400k - 500k mark for July alone.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

LipeJJ said:
Replicant said:

Good point. When a console launches in Q1 that year is of course its first.

I don't know as much about the handhelds. I guess time will tell whether Switch peaks early or late(r).

The way I see it Switch should peak next year (year 3) if Nintendo releases the games that are supposed to come out (mainline Pokémon alone should be worth 2 megahits combined like Zelda and Mario).

Yeah. I think you're right.

Anecdotally, I know. But a fully fledged new 3D Pokémon adventure (or a 3D remake of gen 1+2) would make so many people I know buy a Switch. I'm still rocking my 3DS together with my PS4 and PC but will eventually buy a Switch – no later than that home console Pokémon game that I've been longing for for almost 20 years

Jranation said:
You know its a good month for Nintendo when LawLight is back!

I came back when it was announced that the PS4 reached 82.2M and was the top selling hardware of last quarter. It’s not very often that we have a system that will reach 100M before the next generation.

Lawlight said:
Jranation said:
You know its a good month for Nintendo when LawLight is back!

I came back when it was announced that the PS4 reached 82.2M and was the top selling hardware of last quarter. It’s not very often that we have a system that will reach 100M before the next generation.

I didn't see you much in last NPDs

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, I usually only tend to keep to global numbers. It doesn’t matter anyway - the Switch will not top the PS4.

Lawlight said:
Jranation said:

Yeah, I usually only tend to keep to global numbers. It doesn’t matter anyway - the Switch will not top the PS4.

Yeah, Switch first party games sales will top all ps4 first party games like nothing

HoangNhatAnh said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, Switch first party games sales will top all ps4 first party games like nothing

Be sure to let me when Switch software sales top PS4 software sales. People so easily forget that people don’t just play first party games.

We will never know the real software sales of switch becaus nintendo don’t report eshop only downloads where as Sony reports everything.

BlackBeauty said:

We will never know the real software sales of switch becaus nintendo don’t report eshop only downloads where as Sony reports everything.

This is not true.