By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintendoLife Ranks the Metroid Games

I'm surprised by how low Fusion is and I'm happy to see Seamus Returns so high, as I had a lot of fun with it...
I see a lot of outrage at Other M being as high as it is but not enough outrage at Hunters being so high...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
Medisti said:
"Most Metroid fans would describe Federation Force as more of an abomination than a video game, and they're not far off the mark there."
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/metroid_prime_federation_force

They gave it an 8/10...

That's hilarious.

As for the list, I think Metroid: Other M should be a spot or two lower, and I think that Echoes and Corruption should switch places. Besides that it's great.

I am currently sigless.

CaptainExplosion said:
Medisti said:
"Most Metroid fans would describe Federation Force as more of an abomination than a video game, and they're not far off the mark there."
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/metroid_prime_federation_force

They gave it an 8/10...

They changed their mind.

NoirSon said:
I can accept most of this but Other M is way to high even as poorly as the original Metroid has aged I can't accept it or Prime Pinball being below Other M.

Agreed, but I never got to play Prime Pinball.

Different writers with different opinions, really. But it's still funny. Makes it seem like they have really high standards and 8/10 is an abomination, lol

GameOverture said:
I haven't played every metroid yet, but I legitimately had a better time with Metroid 2 than Other M, even by today's standards.

Metroid 2 is criminally underrated. It is by no means a great game by today's standards, but it is at least playable, which can't be said for the first game (or Prime Hunters, for that matter). It also doesn't damage the franchise and its reputation like Other M and Federation Force.

NES Metroid is the best selling 2D Metroid.  They put it on this list below Other M. 

Fail!

Jumpin said:

Based purely on how much I enjoyed them...
1. Metroid 2
2. Metroid
3. Super Metroid
4-whatever. The rest.

I already like your list far better.

Around the Network

Metroid nes and Samus returns are way better than pinball hunters and fusion. So no. At least the recognize echoes as being one of the very best.

Proxy-Pie said:
Other M's too high, Fusion's too low.

Yeah.

Other M is the second last.

Federation force is the last.

1. Prime

2. Metroid 2

3. Super Metroid.

4. Prime 2

5. Prime 3

6. Metroid

7. Metroid Hunters