By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviewer copies Boomstick Gaming's Dead Cells review

Apparently IGN reviewer Filip Miucin decided to take it easy on his Dead Cells review and copied Boomstick Gaming's one. Currently the IGN video review is unavailable on YouTube and the written review on IGN's website has been taken down.

Filip Miucin was hired by IGN in late 2017 to fill in the gap left by legacy reviewer Jose Otero, who departed from IGN to join Nintendo in Summer 2017.

Before being hired by IGN Filip Miucin was just a YouTuber as far as I know.

Around the Network

Oh, wow, it's like trying to present a Wikipedia article for aschool project: he changed a couple of words, added and took a few, so it's not technically copying but the source is obvious. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Shabby!

Why on earth would he do something so stupid?

Tag

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

What a stupid thing to do.

He was not cut out for the position of the Nintendo editor for IGN and a replacement for José Otero. Apparently he hasn't owned any/many Nintendo consoles before the Switch and just rode it's popularity with his YouTube channel, and for years prior has tried to enter IGN as a host or Destiny player or something. Beneath the surface a number of people have pointed out they don't think he has much Nintendo knowledge through comments here and there.

I think he just got caught up with the workload and deadlines and didn't know what else to do, but this sort of thing is quite serious if proven especially for a site like IGN.

Last edited by Green098 - on 07 August 2018

That's just unacceptable under any circumstances, but a review is inherently an opinion piece. By doing this he made sure that no opinion of anyone at IGN would be represented in the review.

I like how he copied some parts word-for-word and summarized others, lol

Green098 said:

He was not cut out for the position of the Nintendo editor for IGN and a replacement for José Otero. Apparently he hasn't owned any/many Nintendo consoles before the Switch and just rode it's popularity with his YouTube channel, and for years prior has tried to enter IGN as a host or Destiny player or something. Beneath the surface a number of people have pointed out they don't think he has much Nintendo knowledge through comments here and there.

I think he just got caught up with the workload and deadlines and didn't know what else to do, but this sort of thing is quite serious if proven especially for a site like IGN.

pretty much, yeah, when Otero used to work for IGN I enjoyed the NVC podcast and listened to it every week, since he was replaced it's been an awfully cheesy show with people telling him "do you know sligthly obscure Nintendo game from the past ?" and him answering negatively all the time