By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - NYT defends their new editor accused of racism - "an important voice"

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

Overgeneralizing people of a certain race is racist.

No it's not.

Who gives an actual damn about the semantics?  Usually when people bring up the "but it's not racism" objection, it's an attempt to downplay or marginalize something nasty.  You don't like "racism" in this situation?  Okay.  Then let's go with "prejudiced, biased, venomous bigotry intended to hurt, belittle, and damage people of a different ethnic background."  Does that make it prettier?  Does that make it dismissable?  

I mean, seriously, the things she said and the first inclination some people have is to argue about semantics?

Around the Network

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

pokoko said:
jason1637 said:

No it's not.

Who gives an actual damn about the semantics?  Usually when people bring up the "but it's not racism" objection, it's an attempt to downplay or marginalize something nasty.  You don't like "racism" in this situation?  Okay.  Then let's go with "prejudiced, biased, venomous bigotry intended to hurt, belittle, and damage people of a different ethnic background."  Does that make it prettier?  Does that make it dismissable?  

I mean, seriously, the things she said and the first inclination some people have is to argue about semantics?

The OP isn't presenting the full picture. She was harassed for years om twitter and people were being racist towards her so she was trolling them by making those jokes. It's just humor and it's in bad taste but it's not racist. Anyway I don't believe that someone should be fired based om something they said years ago.

The double standard is pathetic but what can you do? I wish everyone would get off of their culture oppression quest. Words are words.

I'm a white dude and found those tweets pretty funny, anyone else thought the same?

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
pokoko said:

The OP isn't presenting the full picture. She was harassed for years om twitter and people were being racist towards her so she was trolling them by making those jokes. It's just humor and it's in bad taste but it's not racist. Anyway I don't believe that someone should be fired based om something they said years ago.

Bullshit.  Being funny obviously wasn't her intention.  Her goal was to hurt people and she didn't care about the collateral damage.  That says a LOT about her as a person.  Had it been one or two tweets then you would have a case but this is obviously a part of who is.  There is no "out of context" with this much material.  

I honestly don't care if they fire her or not.  They're a business that can do what they want.  However, it does mean that I will have zero trust or respect for them.  It's not just that they're telling me that they don't represent me, they're saying that they do not respect me.  They can create and nurture an environment of one-sided bigotry and prejudice if they want but, from here on out, I'm going to look at everything they do or say from behind that filter.  

Trumpstyle said:
I'm a white dude and found those tweets pretty funny, anyone else thought the same?

Not really lol. She sounds like a piece of shit. The NYT is a piece of shit publication though so she will fit right in. I don’t read the NYT so I couldn’t care less lol. 

Wow she seems pretty bitter

There's truth in these tweets. White people are genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun. Sadly it's a burden we have to live with.

She really wants that white dick. Beg harder.