By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - NYT defends their new editor accused of racism - "an important voice"

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

Each and every one of her tweets were jokes? What evidence did you gather that led you to that conclusion?

Your definition of racism is also incorrect. None of the definitions of racism on the Merriam-Webster dictionary mentions the oppression of a race. One of the definitions does mention racial prejudice or discrimination. Oppression of a race counts as prejudice against a race, but that is not the only method of racial prejudice. Far from it.

I've already provided my evidence and you don't believe it so I'm not touching that subject anymore.

Also imo you have to be oppressing someone to be racost. If you're saying hateful things in a non joking way then you're a bigot but if you're being hateful and oppressing someone imo you're a racist. Nobody was oppressed by her tweets that were jokes so she can't be racist.

You have not provided your evidence and you have the burden of proof as you were the one who claimed that her tweets were all jokes. It only takes one tweet where Jeong was being racist to disprove your assertion and there are 3 years’ worth of material to sift through. By the Law of Large Numbers, it is very likely that she has made at least a few racist tweets against white people. Oh, and this isn’t the end of it either. I also came about a Medium article where Jeong is also incredibly ignorant of Asian cultures (and she tries to justify her ignorance by claiming that she stayed in South Korea for a week).

It doesn’t matter what your opinion is. Your definition is incorrect after I compared it to how Merriam-Webster defines it. I also bothered to check the Oxford dictionary and its definition also does not match yours. I held off saying this for a while to see how you respond. Now, I can say with confidence that you are arguing in bad faith.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Kalkano said:

She clearly was not.  I don't give a crap if she now claims otherwise.

She clearly was joking/counter trolling.

Aura7541 said:

Each and every one of her tweets were jokes? What evidence did you gather that led you to that conclusion?

Your definition of racism is also incorrect. None of the definitions of racism on the Merriam-Webster dictionary mentions the oppression of a race. One of the definitions does mention racial prejudice or discrimination. Oppression of a race counts as prejudice against a race, but that is not the only method of racial prejudice. Far from it.

I've already provided my evidence and you don't believe it so I'm not touching that subject anymore.

Also imo you have to be oppressing someone to be racost. If you're saying hateful things in a non joking way then you're a bigot but if you're being hateful and oppressing someone imo you're a racist. Nobody was oppressed by her tweets that were jokes so she can't be racist.

Nope, only you believed in your own evidence. Haven't seem anyone else believing in it.

It was more like "see she had some personal attacks against her, so her generalizing responses were counter-trolling and jokes", "she said so in her appologies" and "I said so, believe me" evidences.

Seems like you don't even know what is trolling. Acting like a dumb hatefull person and everyone seeing you for what you are isn't trolling. Real trolling is posting something without attacking anyone and cause others to think you are being serious and attack you because of your opinion.

And she also seemed to have missed Internet 101 lesson "don't feed the troll"

Aura7541 said:
jason1637 said:

You have not provided your evidence and you have the burden of proof as you were the one who claimed that her tweets were all jokes. It only takes one tweet where Jeong was being racist to disprove your assertion and there are 3 years’ worth of material to sift through. By the Law of Large Numbers, it is very likely that she has made at least a few racist tweets against white people. Oh, and this isn’t the end of it either. I also came about a Medium article where Jeong is also incredibly ignorant of Asian cultures (and she tries to justify her ignorance by claiming that she stayed in South Korea for a week).

It doesn’t matter what your opinion is. Your definition is incorrect after I compared it to how Merriam-Webster defines it. I also bothered to check the Oxford dictionary and its definition also does not match yours. I held off saying this for a while to see how you respond. Now, I can say with confidence that you are arguing in bad faith.

I don't think the dictionary definition cuts it... but when about all "researchers" on the subject bend to the SJW mentality and defines racism as only systemic oppresion of one race by the people in power, people start believing that is the only truth (and be trapped in defyning the word and missing the actual words and behavior, some even justifying it as good and retribution for past oppresion)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I say we kill her!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Snip

I have a feeling that you’re trying to make a point with the “I was just trolling” argument, but let’s not make these types of posts.

Aura7541 said:
jason1637 said:

I've provided my proof and you don't believe it so there's no point in arguing that. Also "Asian Culture " isn't a thing. The culture changes by country.

The dictionary definitions isnt always the 100% true one. I suggest reading these articles that go into more detail.

http://steve-patterson.com/there-are-no-objective-definitions/

https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/03/dictionary-definition-racism/

DonFerrari said:
jason1637 said:

She clearly was joking/counter trolling.

Nope, only you believed in your own evidence. Haven't seem anyone else believing in it.

It was more like "see she had some personal attacks against her, so her generalizing responses were counter-trolling and jokes", "she said so in her appologies" and "I said so, believe me" evidences.

Seems like you don't even know what is trolling. Acting like a dumb hatefull person and everyone seeing you for what you are isn't trolling. Real trolling is posting something without attacking anyone and cause others to think you are being serious and attack you because of your opinion.

Aura7541 said:

I don't think the dictionary definition cuts it... but when about all "researchers" on the subject bend to the SJW mentality and defines racism as only systemic oppresion of one race by the people in power, people start believing that is the only truth (and be trapped in defyning the word and missing the actual words and behavior, some even justifying it as good and retribution for past oppresion)

I don't agree with how she handled it but in general she was feeding the trolls and making bad jokes so I don't see her as racist.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Snip

I have a feeling that you’re trying to make a point with the “I was just trolling” argument

What does that even mean? 

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

I've provided my proof and you don't believe it so there's no point in arguing that. Also "Asian Culture " isn't a thing. The culture changes by country.

The dictionary definitions isnt always the 100% true one. I suggest reading these articles that go into more detail.

Then what is your proof and explain to me how’s it qualifies as evidence. 

Also showing me opinion pieces to justify your subjective opinion on what racism means is not evidence either.

Aura7541 said:

I have a feeling that you’re trying to make a point with the “I was just trolling” argument

I was assuming that you were joking when you said we should kill Sarah Jeong. Based on your reaction, it seems that you weren’t joking?

Aura7541 said:

I was assuming that you were joking when you said we should kill Sarah Jeong. Based on your reaction, it seems that you weren’t joking?

No. I'm saying what kind of point did you assume I was making? 

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

DonFerrari said:

I don't agree with how she handled it but in general she was feeding the trolls and making bad jokes so I don't see her as racist.

So can we count on you when someone say something about "western world" to show how it differs? And I'm pretty sure you understood that when she was criticized it was meant on not knowing anything about the culture of her homeland (even though she fell so oppresed about being from there) and replies with a laughable being on SK for only a week.

There are plenty of people on any country that never gone to a different country but know a lot of things about the culture of those countries.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."