By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - NYT defends their new editor accused of racism - "an important voice"

Rosanne should be compared to other Hollywood contemporaries like Harvey Weinstein, Brian Peck, and James Gunn. It's amazing how people defend the latter even though the evidence is so damning. James Gunn had thousands of tweets deleted and a huge % of them were related to pedophilia, but he's got over 350,000 signatures from fans. I'm just amazed if those aren't bots it shows that all the millennials who voted for him are disgusting people with no morals or completely blind and ignorant. Hollywood is a disgusting place ran by disgusting people. No one cares though because they (in their gated communities) pretend to care about liberalism.

As for this editor I don't know what to say. Tim Poole made a decent tweet about how mixed raced people are stuck. He's a leftist so he's seen as an oppressed person, and I'm conservative so I'm seen as white enough to be a white supremacist. 

Last edited by teamsilent13 - on 05 August 2018

Around the Network
teamsilent13 said:

Rosanne should be compared to other Hollywood contemporaries like Harvey Weinstein, Brian Peck, and James Gunn. It's amazing how people defend the latter even though the evidence is so damning. James Gunn had thousands of tweets deleted and a huge % of them were related to pedophilia, but he's got over 350,000 signatures from fans. I'm just amazed if those aren't bots it shows that all the millennials who voted for him are disgusting people with no morals or completely blind and ignorant. Hollywood is a disgusting place ran by disgusting people. No one cares though because they (in their gated communities) pretend to care about liberalism.

As for this editor I don't know what to say. Tim Poole made a decent tweet about how mixed raced people are stuck. He's a leftist so he's seen as an oppressed person, and I'm conservative so I'm seen as white enough to be a white supremacist. 

Because it's not about what you say, but who you are.

If you are friends with the movement and say you defend them, you can be as obnoxous as you want and still be defended on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

iron_megalith said:
numberwang said:

Blue checkers brigade coming in

That definition doesn't even hold up by their own standards

LMAO. These people deserve to be excommunicated and sent to Pluto. Holy shit.

That is a crap ton of people who just admitted to being racist, in a public space, for the whole world to see.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

I think its always important to be mindful of the present and how things will likely change in the future.
A lot of times minorities are the one who feel the effects of racism the most and that makes sense simply by virtue of math.
In American, whites are slowly becoming the minority. It is inevitable and nothing but genocides will stop it from happening.
The question is, what happens when they are no longer the majority? It is important for all of us to find the sorces of racism and change them.
To white people this should be very important because you don't want a situation where everyone is still racist and now you are also minorities.
To black people: there is no amount of hate that you can throw at white people to make up for the injustices of the past. You don't want to repeat them do you? You don't want to become the thing you claim to hate do you?

As you were. Some white and black folks will continue to point fingers at everyone else without realizing that this only ends when everyone stops the hatred.
Lets evolve already.

Another analogy is being stuck on a game level and you can get past and you keep playing the same way. Well, maybe its time for a change.

jason1637 said:
That's really not racost.

Regardless of the SJW attempt to re-define what racism is and means, yes, the things she said are literally racist. She was displaying hatred and ugly, negative prejudice towards people based purely on their "race" or skin color. That is racism. And she is a Racist. Period.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
jason1637 said:
That's really not racost.

Regardless of the SJW attempt to re-define what racism is and means, yes, the things she said are literally racist. She was displaying hatred and ugly, negative prejudice towards people based purely on their "race" or skin color. That is racism. And she is a Racist. Period.

She was trolling and making jokes. Imo the jokes are in bad taste but they're still jokes. Also for it to be racism she must be oppressing a race and nobody was oppressed by her tweets.

jason1637 said:
DevilRising said:

She was trolling and making jokes. Imo the jokes are in bad taste but they're still jokes. Also for it to be racism she must be oppressing a race and nobody was oppressed by her tweets.

She clearly was not.  I don't give a crap if she now claims otherwise.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

CosmicSex said:
I think its always important to be mindful of the present and how things will likely change in the future.
A lot of times minorities are the one who feel the effects of racism the most and that makes sense simply by virtue of math.
In American, whites are slowly becoming the minority. It is inevitable and nothing but genocides will stop it from happening.
The question is, what happens when they are no longer the majority? It is important for all of us to find the sorces of racism and change them.
To white people this should be very important because you don't want a situation where everyone is still racist and now you are also minorities.
To black people: there is no amount of hate that you can throw at white people to make up for the injustices of the past. You don't want to repeat them do you? You don't want to become the thing you claim to hate do you?

As you were. Some white and black folks will continue to point fingers at everyone else without realizing that this only ends when everyone stops the hatred.
Lets evolve already.

Another analogy is being stuck on a game level and you can get past and you keep playing the same way. Well, maybe its time for a change.

Some are already at the level that they are much more racist and hateful than the average racist of the early 1900's.

jason1637 said:
DevilRising said:

You repeating the same stuff for the 10th time doesn't make it more true than the first.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jason1637 said:
DevilRising said: 

Each and every one of her tweets were jokes? What evidence did you gather that led you to that conclusion?

Your definition of racism is also incorrect. None of the definitions of racism on the Merriam-Webster dictionary mentions the oppression of a race. One of the definitions does mention racial prejudice or discrimination. Oppression of a race counts as prejudice against a race, but that is not the only method of racial prejudice. Far from it.

Kalkano said:
jason1637 said:

She clearly was not.  I don't give a crap if she now claims otherwise.

She clearly was joking/counter trolling.

Aura7541 said:
jason1637 said:

Each and every one of her tweets were jokes? What evidence did you gather that led you to that conclusion?

Your definition of racism is also incorrect. None of the definitions of racism on the Merriam-Webster dictionary mentions the oppression of a race. One of the definitions does mention racial prejudice or discrimination. Oppression of a race counts as prejudice against a race, but that is not the only method of racial prejudice. Far from it.

I've already provided my evidence and you don't believe it so I'm not touching that subject anymore.

Also imo you have to be oppressing someone to be racost. If you're saying hateful things in a non joking way then you're a bigot but if you're being hateful and oppressing someone imo you're a racist. Nobody was oppressed by her tweets that were jokes so she can't be racist.