By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm turning Shoe hungry?

Lol at title.

Ummm... stop buying shoes?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Lol, and here I haven't bought a single pair in 2 years. I clean and take proper care of them constantly, though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

dx11332sega said:
barneystinson69 said:

Lol at title.

Ummm... stop buying shoes?

I spent like 400 dollars on shoes this month I need advice to motivate me to not buy I have like 4k in bank and when I see some shoe I like I buy it :(

Put that 4k somewhere else? Is it money you are trying to save or extra money you can splash around with? You could talk to a broker or investment adviser and do something with it, but idk if 4k is worth all that trouble. If its just money you have available and want to spend, well I don't see what the issue is.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Sell them.

dx11332sega said:
barneystinson69 said:

Put that 4k somewhere else? Is it money you are trying to save or extra money you can splash around with? You could talk to a broker or investment adviser and do something with it, but idk if 4k is worth all that trouble. If its just money you have available and want to spend, well I don't see what the issue is.

Trying to save but I shop at the mall and see indoor stores like zoomies , hot topic, shoe palace ,Sheik, etc etc

Shiek store has the Nike just do it orange shoe i wanna buy delicious 

There 130 dollars I had an orgasm when I wore them in store

Your just gonna learn to resist. Same thing when I'm buying games, you always want more than one, but you just gotta control yourself. Maybe don't go to a mall for a while so you aren't exposed to all this stuff that you can buy. 

Around the Network

Nothing wrong with collecting shoes, a lot of us collect games and consoles. As long as it's in reason and you're not going into debt doing it.

You spend too much on fast depreciating consumer items and Nike is not a luxury brand.

I've been a bit like this recently. Bought a pair of Reebok Babes end of last year, then bought a pair of reebok knit insta pumps and a pair of Armani slip on trainers that are just beautiful. I need to stop.

What's the name for that subculture? Shoeheads or something?

It's my understanding that such a hobby and interest often becomes all-consuming and costs a dang fortune lol... if you really like them have fun, but it can get incredibly addicting.

Johnw1104 said:
What's the name for that subculture? Shoeheads or something?

It's my understanding that such a hobby and interest often becomes all-consuming and costs a dang fortune lol... if you really like them have fun, but it can get incredibly addicting.

It's gotta be Shoefeet. Can't say I've ever known one before. I had one friend with like, maybe 8 pair, not including winter boots and galoshes, but I wouldn't call him a shoefoot.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."