By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does GT not get any acclaim in mainstream media?

DonFerrari said:

LudicrousSpeed said:

lol it was sarcasm. Why would there be threads here about FM7? There is next to zero Xbox discussion here. He never said it was bashed here for having previous entries cars. Why would anyone here bash it? The only people who discuss Forza here are basically him and the GT guys, and GTS has less cars and previous entries were chock full of PS2 models. It wouldn't make much sense for you guys to bash it.

I never said free DLC is pointless. I said I don't praise developers for fixing core issues with their games that they ship. I even listed Halo, which got no free DLC but has had a lot of work done to make it playable and fix all the games issues. Do try to follow along better, please.

You're doing the console warz deflecting again. Enjoy the last word, there's no point in having rational discussion here.

I see Xbox threads daily in this site. And a lot of them from fans praising it. So there are discussions. And if GT fans hated it or wanted to bash they would make threads about it. So if we aren't seeming any isn't that a show that there aren't people wanting to bash FM even in this case? But here we have you and some others bashing GT.

You complain about console warz all the time, but you do your fair share against Sony and its IP whenever you can, but keep pretending to be a neutral person.

GT roster was know several months before release, tracks and focus on online as well. So not having more cars, tracks, offline mode wasn't core being broken, was a change of focus. And from what we can see in VGC besides you and a few other that have bashed GT in about every thread people weren't having major issues with the core when they bought the game. So the free DLCs were added value not fixing core issues, and more people decided to buy the game (and we can't even be sure if it was due to the DLC or not) after those improvements.

I do agree with you that is hard to have a rational discussion with you being dismissive all the time.

There was at least on thread on this site that bashed GT Sport for lack of content and features.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

I see Xbox threads daily in this site. And a lot of them from fans praising it. So there are discussions. And if GT fans hated it or wanted to bash they would make threads about it. So if we aren't seeming any isn't that a show that there aren't people wanting to bash FM even in this case? But here we have you and some others bashing GT.

You complain about console warz all the time, but you do your fair share against Sony and its IP whenever you can, but keep pretending to be a neutral person.

GT roster was know several months before release, tracks and focus on online as well. So not having more cars, tracks, offline mode wasn't core being broken, was a change of focus. And from what we can see in VGC besides you and a few other that have bashed GT in about every thread people weren't having major issues with the core when they bought the game. So the free DLCs were added value not fixing core issues, and more people decided to buy the game (and we can't even be sure if it was due to the DLC or not) after those improvements.

I do agree with you that is hard to have a rational discussion with you being dismissive all the time.

There was at least on thread on this site that bashed GT Sport for lack of content and features.

And none bashing FM7 for using FM4 models. Thanks for proving my point.

The threads I remember bashing GTS weren't made by people that even bought the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

The threads I remember bashing GTS weren't made by people that even bought the game.

FM7 doesn't use FM4 models the cars that where brought back from FM4 where fully remodeled and pretty much all of them have full forzavista except for the 1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam but that one is a free unicorn car that was added later.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

FM7 doesn't use FM4 models the cars that where brought back from FM4 where fully remodeled and pretty much all of them have full forzavista except for the 1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam but that one is a free unicorn car that was added later.

Even so, It wasn't bashed for it as you claimed. But you and others bashed GT and for like 3 releases already.

Who really is bashing then? 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Well, start  you have seem threads bashing FM7 for having models of FM4 please link them. Didn't say they weren't made, but game was bare, so since FM5 was bare where were the free DLCs? Doesn't seem like the game being bare have made free DLC quorandFun, Azzanation, flashfire or ChrisHu of doing console warmongering

flashfire926 said:

1) They recently banned all those vehicles which people used to ram others. The things like the semi-truck and honda odyssey have been banned, fyi.

For the second bolded part, that is some straight up hypocrisy. GT5 AND GT6 are the kings of bloat, yet you praise them for traight face that the latter model and track in the video doesnt look it's from 2006 times for a sim racer.

Premium cars were only slightly more detailed than Forza models, with the standards lagging way far behind. And 40fps is your minimum, really? drops to 40fps means the game is need of some serious optimization.

2) Your opinion that having more options would be worse just because those options would be lesser models... yet every single game with people have worse models for NPC and filler

Framedrops may be a large problem or almost inconsequential depending on the time it happen.

flashfire926 said:

No, stop trying to spin things. They straight up lied before launch. They didnt say that they will add them in eventually. They responded with a straight up "No".

I dont have an issue with the implementation of the MT's, I have the issue with the fact they lied to our faces. It makes their other promises less believable.

Please explain to me how someone at that time not having plans to put MT on the game and saying so and then in the future that plan change is lying? Unless you have crystal ball to be sure he already was planing then you can't claim he was lying. You can at most be pissed they changed mind.

Frame drops are always consequential for racing game, where you need to have split second reactions, even on longboard straights.

2) that's a flawed analogy. The standard cars are playable, so therefore they can't be considered map compared to npcs 

Unless they come out with an Steve r saying they eye changed their mind, they are still liars.

Now imagine if I can use the excuse "I changed my mind" for every lie I have  done, and get away with it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:

Well, start  you have seem threads bashing FM7 for having models of FM4 please link them. Didn't say they weren't made, but game was bare, so since FM5 was bare where were the free DLCs? Doesn't seem like the game being bare have made free DLC quorandFun, Azzanation, flashfire or ChrisHu of doing console warmongering

2) Your opinion that having more options would be worse just because those options would be lesser models... yet every single game with people have worse models for NPC and filler

Framedrops may be a large problem or almost inconsequential depending on the time it happen.

Please explain to me how someone at that time not having plans to put MT on the game and saying so and then in the future that plan change is lying? Unless you have crystal ball to be sure he already was planing then you can't claim he was lying. You can at most be pissed they changed mind.

Frame drops are always consequential for racing game, where you need to have split second reactions, even on longboard straights.

2) that's a flawed analogy. The standard cars are playable, so therefore they can't be considered map compared to npcs 

Unless they come out with an Steve r saying they eye changed their mind, they are still liars.

Now imagine if I can use the excuse "I changed my mind" for every lie I have  done, and get away with it.

1) Sorry but if I have a long straight without any action to take framedrop wouldn't get in my way at all.

2) They are playable but you don't have to play them. At the time GT5 and GT6 had more premium cars than FM had cars at all, but still the needless bash of "ugly standard cars". They were there solely for the people that liked to collect them.

They were interviewed on the MT before release, have they been interviewed after for MT? Not that I'm aware. You are just trying to make a case to say they were lying instead of accepting that they may have changed strategy due for any reason that we may not know, including as mentioned FIA demanding it.

If you are the type of human being that would do it, that is your problem.

DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

1) Sorry but if I have a long straight without any action to take framedrop wouldn't get in my way at all.

2) They are playable but you don't have to play them. At the time GT5 and GT6 had more premium cars than FM had cars at all, but still the needless bash of "ugly standard cars". They were there solely for the people that liked to collect them.

They were interviewed on the MT before release, have they been interviewed after for MT? Not that I'm aware. You are just trying to make a case to say they were lying instead of accepting that they may have changed strategy due for any reason that we may not know, including as mentioned FIA demanding it.

2) FM3 and FM4 both had more premiums when compared to GT5/GT6, so what you said was false. Also GT has always been about mind-blowing graphics, and the older tracks/cars they carried were outdated. The games were a mishmash of PS2, PSP, PS3, (and even PS1 perhaps when looking at the audio) assets, making it feel horribly dated in front of forza 3/4. 

You're making the unlikely case that this was a genuine change in heart, instead of accepting they made a bullshit statement to garner up hype/have a better look than forza 7, and then turning them on anyways. 

BTW I'm not against the microtransactions themselves. I think it's honestly a very stellar implementation in GT Sport that other games should take note of.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Even so, It wasn't bashed for it as you claimed. But you and others bashed GT and for like 3 releases already.

Who really is bashing then? 

It was not on this side but like I mentioned before it was bashed for it on other forums and YouTube.   Forza gets bashed almost every month on Youtube when a new car pack gets released there is always a ton of people that don't like most of the cars in the packs.

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Most of the people that bashed the loot crates in FM7 also never bought or played the game.

DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

FM4 ended up having 671 cars total GT6 didn't have 671 premium cars and like I mentioned earlier most of the new cars that where added in GT6 actually showed up in FM4 first.