By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Technical Graphics in a Portable Game from Each Generation

I'll try my best here.

Fourth Generation: X

Fifth Generation: Shantae

Sixth Generation: Mario Kart Super Circuit

Seventh Generation: Professor Layton and The Lost Future

Eighth Generation: Ocarina of Time 3D

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
mZuzek said:

Sorry for trying to make your thread more interesting. I'll go away now.

I guess it isn't interesting if you have to mention some Sony portable games, cause you probably never had them. So go ahead, there are all these generations of Gameboy and Switch games. Mention those.

You assume correctly about me never having a PSP or Vita, but then again I never had many portable consoles to begin with, in fact I barely use my Switch undocked. I just figured it'd be more interesting to talk about the most impressive titles for each console, after all the only ones left out by limiting it to generations are the DS and 3DS.

Of course, I expected the "off-topic" reaction, but it could have been less aggressive. Well, I guess some people just can't do friendly.

It's kind of boring when you limit it to just 1 console per generation for several generations, and that goes for times like when the GBA was the only thing on the market.

How about IOS and Android games? By 2015 those were rivaling if not surpassing the Vita.

This game is called Dead Trigger, and it looks much better in motion on Android than it does in screens.

mZuzek said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I guess it isn't interesting if you have to mention some Sony portable games, cause you probably never had them. So go ahead, there are all these generations of Gameboy and Switch games. Mention those.

You assume correctly about me never having a PSP or Vita, but then again I never had many portable consoles to begin with, in fact I barely use my Switch undocked. I just figured it'd be more interesting to talk about the most impressive titles for each console, after all the only ones left out by limiting it to generations are the DS and 3DS.

Of course, I expected the "off-topic" reaction, but it could have been less aggressive. Well, I guess some people just can't do friendly.

I guess I'm just tired of the discussion you're wanting to have. I've seen those topics before, "best graphics on every portable", "best graphics on every nintendo handheld", "best visual (not graphics) on portables". I wanted this to be appreciative of technical marvels of their time on the portables, which can't be on the weaker hardware. This is why I say, if you want that discussion make it happen in a topic where the OP wants to know the best looking game of each platform.

I don't see why this can't be interesting. There can be debate on best looking PSP game, Vita game, Switch game.

h2ohno said:
It's kind of boring when you limit it to just 1 console per generation for several generations, and that goes for times like when the GBA was the only thing on the market.

How about IOS and Android games? By 2015 those were rivaling if not surpassing the Vita.

This game is called Dead Trigger, and it looks much better in motion on Android than it does in screens.

iOS and Android aren't part of these generations, but you can mention them as their own generation, sort of like PC because they are ever evolving platforms. They are portables so I don't see a problem, but don't mix them with handheld generations.

GOWTLOZ said:
S.Peelman said:
RE Revelations looks better than 9 out of 10 Vita games so there goes that. It looks better than RER2 anyway.

Its not as good as any of the AAA Vita games. Ofc its better than indies. Still about that 1 out of 10 in your books, why don't you pick one of those.

Its like picking Bayonetta 2 on Wii U because it looks better than Don't Starve on PS4. Ofc it does. But you would know VERY well it is far from reaching the heights of PS4's best looking games.

So you want to know of only one ‘winner’ for an entire gen?

Around the Network

Golden Sun and its sequel are the most visually impressive games on the GBA.

S.Peelman said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Its not as good as any of the AAA Vita games. Ofc its better than indies. Still about that 1 out of 10 in your books, why don't you pick one of those.

Its like picking Bayonetta 2 on Wii U because it looks better than Don't Starve on PS4. Ofc it does. But you would know VERY well it is far from reaching the heights of PS4's best looking games.

So you want to know of only one ‘winner’ for an entire gen?

Yes, that's what best is, there can only be one winner in a gen.

Is that problematic? If so, you can list your best looking ds and 3ds game too, but mention them separately.

CaptainExplosion said:  

Seventh Generation: Professor Layton and The Lost Future

Prof. Layton is my favorite series on DS.... but it is in no way technical impressive.

That Video is a prerendered cutscene, the DS is just playing a video file.

If that counts, my PSP had one of the most impressive launch titles ever: Spider-Man on UMD Disc.

PSP ghost of sparta or yakuza panther
Vita uncharted golden abyss

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.