By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The next Etrian Odyssey (not Cross) being teased for a new generation (Switch/PS4 ?)

While I'm happy they are continuing the series beyond the doublescreen handhelds, I'm a bit worried that Atlus might be burning the franchise too fast. They haven't even finished EOX and PQ2, and they are already teasing another one, this one on an HD console. Take your time and finish the other games first, Atlus.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Funny how this gets announced shortly after Octopath Traveler sells out all over the place. Honestly if Atlus winds up giving Switch the same support they gave 3DS, then we are in for a hell of a good list of Switch exclusive JRPGs.

Hopefully we get a new Etrian Odyssey for Switch (and I don't care if PS4 and XB1 get one too, the more gamers can play it the better I guess). Not sure if this is a teaser for next-gen EO, but I would certainly be happy.

The question how to solve the map-dilemma is certainly interesting. The Lost Child allows you to switch the view of the map, including overlaying it to the general view:

That could work. I still hope you can put symbols and notes onto that map, that is something which certainly is part of EO.

For presentation, I must say Octopath has shown a way, to transform 2D images into something new. I think Atlus could look at that for inspiration for a new EO. But I would be fine with the classic view in higher resolution as well. Yeah, I would be fine with that:

And I certainly hope it still keeps the turn-based battle system. But as it is from Atlus, I don't think we need to worry about that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Doesnt have to mean anything but Dengeki Nintendo retweeted the video, Dengeki Playstation did not.

Personally I am a bit worried it's mobile bound. Hope not!

Mbolibombo said:
Doesnt have to mean anything but Dengeki Nintendo retweeted the video, Dengeki Playstation did not.

i think we could see it only on switch, and next persona for playstation...

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:

Expected. Since Atlus rarely makes multiplats. 

animegaming said:
Mbolibombo said:

Expected. Since Atlus rarely makes multiplats. 

Yeah, Atlus is one of those companies that just likes the streamlined pipeline of making a game for a single console. They keep dev costs low enough that they can make money only selling small numbers of EO games.