By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 4-Chan Smash Ultimate leak (dubious validity but surprisingly good effort): Smash Ballot effects

ngl, I don't want this leak to be real solely because of the mention of Shovel Knight, lol.

This leak is fake anyways.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/425199581

For those who might not want to read the thing, some basic notes with a lot more in the link. 

• Bomberman was meant to be playable, but Konami was Konami and Konami is the worst. Belmont, per this leak, was scraped very early on in favor of trying to get Bomberman. Belmont being a Bowser Jr. with each skin a different Belmont
  • Ballot is primary source of in game characters, new ones like Spring Man and Decidueye would be DLC
  • Krystal was also a cut character
  • Shadow is in game as a semi-clone, not a full on echo fighter, same with Dixie. Echo fighters are the characters currently being put in game as bonuses
  • K-Rool, Issac, Ashley, Kos-Mos, Geno, Shovel Knight, Chibi-Robo added in game. Square easier than Konami for Geno, Shovel Knight took time to get Sakurai to go for it, Chibi-Robo involved arm twisting. Issac was popular in Europe and Ashley in Japan
  • Bandanna Dedede and Paper Mario considered but scrapped, as was Waluigi. Waluigi was scrapped for the same reason Meta Knight and Dedede were not in Melee (Sakurai feels bias would be in play as he loves Waluigi, and has been disturbed by the post Smash Waluigi fury)

I have no personal preference either way on the leak's validity. I just feel like sharing it if it hasn't been shared already. 

Isn't Shadow an assist trophy?

Shaqazooloo0 said:

Isn't Shadow an assist trophy?

We saw a Knuckles assist trophy in the demo, but Shadow was completely absent.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

what? no kratos...😂😂

mZuzek said:
Yerm said:

- Bayonetta did not actually win the ballot or do particularly well in any region. Nintendo and Platinum Games wanted her to be added and the fanservice characters to be saved for the Switch game.

it was one of the last lines of the leak. also, any leak has the potential to be fake. 

Huh, I just glanced over the OP, didn't realize there was more to be found in the leak. In any case, saying Bayonetta didn't do well in any region, lol, yeah, exactly what you'd expect from any fake leak. "Boohoo she's toxic she sucks she's broken, no one even wanted her in!"

Dataminers found proof that she didn't actually win the ballot 

Around the Network

any word yet on if Halo will be in it?

edit - cool found some screenshots of him in it on 4chan, can't wait to see him fight against Skyrim in it.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 28 July 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Very obviously fake. If being from 4 chan didn't give it away, the comments on Waluigi should have. But beyond that, this just seems like it was written to confirm as many narratives as possible so as to make for an interesting read, rather than the result of actual info gathered with the intent to inform.

Mar1217 said:
MasonADC said:

Dataminers found proof that she didn't actually win the ballot 

Doesn't matter much when you know Cory, Goku or Shrek probably won it. They wanted the most viable popular choice, not just the plain winner.

The proof showed that bayo was added only 2 weeks after the ballet started, when strongly weakens the chance of Bayonetta being the most popular viable character IMO. Not to mention that it would take longer than two weeks to be able to add data into the game if they were actually going by the ballot

Yeah, this is not a surprisingly good effort at all.