By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 29) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 16-22, 2018

Splatoon 2 is on its way to beating a monster and then becoming #1 game Japan.

Around the Network

The performance of Splatoon is unbelievable. If they make a 3rd one in 2 years, it will sell NUTS.

Top 10 switch and 3ds games. Gosh! What a massacre its ocurring in japan!!

Mar1217 said:
GuyDuke said:
The performance of Splatoon is unbelievable. If they make a 3rd one in 2 years, it will sell NUTS.

Let's not go into franchise fatigue yet, Yokai Watch suffered from it, so I would suggest to not get a new game before Switch 2

That would make 3 years, which is pretty standard time in game development. Splatoon 2 released only 2 years after the first one, that is not what I call franchise fatigue lol.

Yokai Watch released in 2013, YW2 in 2014, YW3 in 2016 and the 4th one in 2018. That is what I call milking. My suggestion does not imply this kind of overproduction.

GuyDuke said:
Mar1217 said:

Let's not go into franchise fatigue yet, Yokai Watch suffered from it, so I would suggest to not get a new game before Switch 2

That would make 3 years, which is pretty standard time in game development. Splatoon 2 released only 2 years after the first one, that is not what I call franchise fatigue lol.

Yokai Watch released in 2013, YW2 in 2014, YW3 in 2016 and the 4th one in 2018. That is what I call milking. My suggestion does not imply this kind of overproduction.

I wouldn't mind seeing the base game Splatoon 2 getting updated for a bit longer and get a spin-off of the franchise instead of a sequel just yet. I feel like there is more they can do with the franchise they haven't tapped into yet.

Around the Network

who will kill the Monster (Nintendo)

I don't think Splatoon 3 will happen in this generation since they didn't want to divide their audience, it's better for them to accumulate the highest milestone before releasing the next entry.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
I don't think Splatoon 3 will happen in this generation since they didn't want to divide their audience, it's better for them to accumulate the highest milestone before releasing the next entry.

I do not know. They released Galaxy 2 three years after the first one. There are 2 iterations of Pokemon each generation. Anything could happen, really.

The list almost all blue lmao! Switch is killing it!

forest-spirit said:
Shortages considered, it'll be interesting to see how Octopath Traveler performs next week.
Switch is moving in the right direction, which doesn't come as a surprise when we have the legendary Captain Kinoopio at the helm.

It seems that shortages will effects folowing week or two also, for instance Amazon JP dont have more stock till August 4th.

outlawauron said:
Mbolibombo said:

It has well documented stock issues and you expected more than it got? I am surprised it got as much as it did.

Yes, because supply issues means that the incoming shipments would be in higher than normal demand. The fact that the drop it showed was fairly normal for an JRPG (~80%) means that it's showing normal sales patterns despite pent up demand. Maybe it'll have better legs in the coming weeks (or they've moved to digital instead, which is why I wanted to see digital sales).

But sources saying that game is again sold out and that there still huge stock issues.