By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Trek: Discovery - Season Two Trailer - Anson Mount as?

Anson Mount as Christopher Pike.

Pike is taking over as Captain under the regulation 19 section C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDIlBDRkPDI

Star Trek: Discovery - Season Two Premiere | First-Look Trailer

Well I for one is very glad to see the classic uniforms returned, and of course the Enterprise. I can say from after watching the entire season one and I'm being honest here, it's a very good show that stays true to the canon material. Now I know the Klingons look weird and I myself ain't happy with their new look, but since TOS they've always been changing. Besides the Klingons, in my opinion, everything else is on point with the prime timeline.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 22 July 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Just in case the first embed link is region locked. This one might work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wyZIRoWldw

After further observations I've noticed that mysterious humanoid at 0:17 to 0:20. The race who, in the Star Trek MMO game, controlled the Bluegill parasites of TNG "Conspiracy," the Elachi of Enterprise "Silent Enemy," and the Solanae of TNG "Schisms." That humanoid is the one and only Iconians. The Iconians are a huge deal. If anyone haven't played the Star Trek MMO you should. It's free 2 play, and it's also prime timeline.

The Iconians:

Iconians?

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 20 July 2018

Since I'm not a Star Trek fan, I can watch and enjoy these new shows and movies for what they are, without comparing them to the original ones, and for me Discovery was an ok show worth watching if you like the theme.

And this trailer makes me want to see what the second season has to offer.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Since I'm not a Star Trek fan, I can watch and enjoy these new shows and movies for what they are, without comparing them to the original ones, and for me Discovery was an ok show worth watching if you like the theme.

And this trailer makes me want to see what the second season has to offer.

Me too, but I'm saying this as a Star Trek fan since I started watching TNG way back when I was 7yrs old lol. What makes me so interested in this series is that it shows you the mysterious parts of Star Trek that we know little to nothing about, like for example Section 13, The Mirror Universe, and now what looks to be the Iconians.

Around the Network

Can't wait for the Redlettermedia video on it!

Should probably not reveal who is on the ship in the thread title, there are those who don't watch trailers before watching a show and this information wasn't given away in the finale.

Also that ship is not the Enterprise A as you say in the post, that is the Enterprise NCC - 1701 , the A version wont be for around 30 more years after Kirk and Co set this ship to self destruct in the Search for Spock.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Should probably not reveal who is on the ship in the thread title, there are those who don't watch trailers before watching a show and this information wasn't given away in the finale.

Also that ship is not the Enterprise A as you say in the post, that is the Enterprise NCC - 1701 , the A version wont be for around 30 more years after Kirk and Co set this ship to self destruct in the Search for Spock.

Oh I always thought the first one was A.

Looks like more action fluff to me. I did finish watching season 1 after first giving up on it. Such nonsense. It wasn't canon at all yet that didn't matter that much, it was just toe cringing bad at points. The Orville however is also toe cringing, yet in a good way.

Both and anything else pales in comparison to The expanse, which was cancelled of course for being too good. Amazon prime has picked it up yet who knows how that will go. I'll buy and rewatch the first 3 seasons on blu-ray, great stuff. It did what Mr Robot could not, get better and even better in season 2 and 3.

SvennoJ said:
Looks like more action fluff to me. I did finish watching season 1 after first giving up on it. Such nonsense. It wasn't canon at all yet that didn't matter that much, it was just toe cringing bad at points. The Orville however is also toe cringing, yet in a good way

sssooooo, what isn't canon?