By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Much Do You Expect the Xbox One to Sell Lifetime?

How Much Do You Expect the Xbox One to Sell Lifetime?

Less Than 45 Million 376 20.23%

45-50 Million 533 28.67%

51-55 Million 432 23.24%

56-60 Million 284 15.28%

61-65 Million 91 4.90%

66-70 Million 54 2.90%

71-75 Million 25 1.34%

76-80 Million 5 0.27%

81-85 Million 8 0.43%

More Than 85 Million 51 2.74%

Total:1,859

I think it'll end up somewhere between 56-60m.
P.S. Surprised with poll results. It is impossible for XBO to end up selling less than 50m LT

Around the Network

Less than 45 million.

I've just copied Machinas prediction. It seems the most logical.

i think 56 -60 mil should possible with good games, and don't forget we will see one or two price-cut's too

50m+

Around the Network

55 million

Its different, if you mean Xbox One, XBs and XBX then i think we will see 60-70 million, If you think about what microsoft said about console generations then there is much more possible.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
i think 56 -60 mil should possible with good games, and don't forget we will see one or two price-cut's too

Yeah, I think XB1 will manage to reach 56-60 million as well.

My prediction from 1 year ago placed the XB1 a little higher though.

Switch:
USA: 30 mio
Europe: 25 mio
Japan: 25 mio
Other: 10 mio
Total: 90 mio

PS4:
USA: 40 mio
Europe: 45 mio
Japan: 10 mio
Other: 25 mio
Total: 120 mio

XB1:
USA: 35 mio
Europe: 20 mio
Japan: 0 mio
Other: 10 mio
Total: 65 mio

Maybe mid 50's or so, depends on a lot of things. MS don't appear to be putting all that much effort into it as far as exclusives go, and their pricing strategy is more or less non-existent, so much more than 55 million seems unrealistic. Also, I think we may see a new Xbox as early as late 2019, or early 2020, if they want to retain a certain amount presence in the market, they don't have much of a choice.

DroidKnight said:
It may become difficult to count if there are no more generations for the Xbox, and the next Xbox consoles and the current Xbox consoles are all forward and backwards compatible. Future Xbox consoles may just end up getting counted with current ones without a separation in sales numbers for both hardware and software. Someone playing Halo 6 online on The Xbox 4 will be able to play with someone on an Xbox One.

We could see a scenario where the Xbox One X is the low end version, an "Xbox 4 Basic" a mid range option and an "Xbox 4 Pro" a high end version for most of the next decade. The current Xbox One versions would probably be slowly phased out.

1) Even if the "xbox one x", is forwards compatabile to play "Xbox 2" games... it probably wont be able to play Xbox 3 games, or Xbox 4 games.
2) Xbox 4 is along way away.... by then no one will have a xbox one x, playing online, the same games as the xbox 4.

Thats just silly imo.
People are really buying into this hook, line and sinker.
(instead of useing abit of critical thinking)