By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As of now Sonic Mania Plus is the highest rated Sonic game since Metacritic was created

killeryoshis said:
Sega will obviously respond with this message we are giving them by giving us more 3D Sonic and more friends.

I'd be okay with it if they finally gave us Sonic Adventure 3.

That said, this is great news. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Sega will obviously respond with this message we are giving them by giving us more 3D Sonic and more friends.

Sigh... saying things like that doesn't help anyone. Sonic's friends have never been the problem. The problem is they have failed to created competent gameplay in 3D. Though i still think Sonic Adventure 2 got it right. If only they made a full game with that gameplay and just like the 2D games, the friends play the same with a special "power" that makes them slightly different. I'm hopeful Sonic team can learn from the sucess of Mania, but we'll see.

I will give Sonic Mania a try, it seems fun and I really enjoyed the only Sonic game I've played so far (Sonic Generations).

PwerlvlAmy said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
The Sonic Adventure games have aged terribly though. Almost as badly as Oblivion has aged.

and I'd still play Adventure over most other sonic games and I'd still play Oblivion over Skyrim lol

Same, number two is a great game.

Didn't know that Adventure 2 was ranked so high. Makes you wonder why Sega hasn't tried to do a real sequel to it. It could work, I just don't know if sega is talented enough anymore to make a good Sonic Adventure as most of the adventure staff has left. I guess we'll continue to get mediocre 3D titles, and maybe a new Sonic Mania.

Around the Network

Wow, did you collect all the pre-Metacritic review data manually? Way to go man, always wanted to know how the older games fared. Nice to see Mania got the respect it deserved right alongside the classics.

I really love the Sonic games on the Genesis. I'll have to pick up Sonic Mania sometime soon. Although I am weird in that the first Sonic game is my favorite one.

Sonic Mania is a great game, that's for sure. But what about that update with the new characters? I must be wrong but I thought ths update comes for free for those who own the digital edition? Now it says 5 bucks. #confused

GoOnKid said:

Sonic Mania is a great game, that's for sure. But what about that update with the new characters? I must be wrong but I thought ths update comes for free for those who own the digital edition? Now it says 5 bucks. #confused

The update is free (new menus + slight improvements on the mania mode). Encore mode (recolored stages with some differences , new special stages, new partner system) + Mighty + Ray are 5 euros/dollars if you already own mania. It's peanuts and well worth it.

Nem said:
GoOnKid said:

The update is free (new menus + slight improvements on the mania mode). Encore mode (recolored stages with some differences , new special stages, new partner system) + Mighty + Ray are 5 euros/dollars if you already own mania. It's peanuts and well worth it.

Thank you!