By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - DuckTales Reboot Ruins Doofus Drake

Its like you compare everything to Trump. Calm down bro.

3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

Around the Network

I must be getting old because this reboot is shit to me lol

melbye said:

Overall i think the new Ducktales is awesome, it feels like one of those were children might be the target audience but there is enough for adults to enjoy too. I rally love the Don Rosa inspired artstyle. And to be completely honest i watched the original Ducktales and i can't even remember that character

I do, and I much preferred his original series self. At least in the original series he was likable.

I tried watching the reboot, as I love Ducktales, but it was too painful to watch, just was bad. Hopefully the younger generation likes it though.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'd rather see them do something new and different with these characters than just tread the same ground the original series already covered, so I don't see the issue. It would just come off as a pale imitation if they were just repeating what the original series did with its characters, and this gives them ways to take the story into new directions.

Around the Network

Kinda why it’s a “reboot” and not a “remake”. Got my 5 and 10 year olds to watch the originals a while ago before this new one was even a thought and they loved it. We all like this one as well but agree that the original is better.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
Kinda why it’s a “reboot” and not a “remake”. Got my 5 and 10 year olds to watch the originals a while ago before this new one was even a thought and they loved it. We all like this one as well but agree that the original is better.

The least they could've done with Doofus is, say, maybe annoy Louie to make him confess that he only wanted to be friends because Doofus was rich, and that other kids have treated him like that before so he's not very trusting. Maybe even add some slight tragedy to him, like "I play with all this stuff, I eat all these snacks, but it's all to fill a void in me that was left when I lost my grandmother. I didn't think you'd understand what happened.".

It'd at least make him relatable to kids watching who happened to have lost a loved one.